86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Beast in the making...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice videos. Do you have lockers?? Seems like yoy should have climbed that sand hill without hitting it so fast. Were you in 4low range?? It seems like you were on the high side.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Open diffs, 4low, 2nd gear. I tried 3rd gear once and it was too high, 2nd gear had plenty of torque but as you saw it was spinning the wheels in that loose sand right at the top. If work continues the way its going i should be able to afford ARB next year!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2013, 01:40 PM

ARB's are WAAAAAAYYYYY outta my budget
Old 12-23-2013, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by kornhuskerwizard
ARB's are WAAAAAAYYYYY outta my budget
I hear ya. Im an electrician and when work is good i make decent money, but its not always good.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:44 PM

You realize you could get a couple spartans for like $500?? One arb is more than that.Then you could spend the leftover on dual cases or something else, and still be locked up. I think arb's are far superior but in most cases for what your doing a pair of centrifugal lockers would suit you fine.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:23 PM

You realize you could get a couple spartans for like $500?? One arb is more than that.Then you could spend the leftover on dual cases or something else, and still be locked up. I think arb's are far superior but in most cases for what your doing a pair of centrifugal lockers would suit you fine.
Yeah, ill think about it, but i would love to have the option to drive like an open diff 2wd on road to a locked 4x4, i will never do a rear locker again especially with all the street driving i do. And ARB does front and rear (the kit does both) so thats probably what ill do, and id love to have on board air as well.

Another reason i am leaning toward ARB is because i am probably gonna do a Blazeland LT kit up front (or something similiar) and i think it will be alot less destructive on the IFS than a standard locker.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by FinishThaGame
Yeah, ill think about it, but i would love to have the option to drive like an open diff 2wd on road to a locked 4x4, i will never do a rear locker again especially with all the street driving i do. And ARB does front and rear (the kit does both) so thats probably what ill do, and id love to have on board air as well.

Another reason i am leaning toward ARB is because i am probably gonna do a Blazeland LT kit up front (or something similiar) and i think it will be alot less destructive on the IFS than a standard locker.
I also am considering blazeland as well.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:37 PM

i also am considering blazeland as well.
hell yeah!!!!
Old 12-25-2013, 06:30 PM

Sorry i havent uploaded the pics of tank yet, my front brakes went out Monday grrrrrr. Thankfully i did some electrical work for my mechanic buddy and he looked at my truck and found the problem is the master cylinder. Im glad i did some work for him cause we are bartering now and with parts, including new fluid and all plus labor im looking at $100 for everything, im sure i caould do it myself but ive already rebuilt all the other brake components except the lines and booster and id prefer for this part of the brakes to be done %100 correct!!!!!

New Master Cylinder will get to his shop Friday, im dropping the truck off late tomorrow, ill let yall know how it goes. Monday and Yesterday i had to lock up rear the brakes plus downshift in order to brake and a couple of times i slid a little bit, kinda nerve racking when it happened, but ive always lived on the edge........lol.

Last edited by FinishThaGame; 12-25-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:35 PM

Nice to be able to trade work instead of paying full price. I like to do that too if i can.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:38 PM

Yes sir. Makes things less burdensome.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:41 PM

Ive figured out how to do most things myself, working on my toyotas,my harley,carpenter work etc... Just havent figured out dental work and surgery.
But i have the tools!!
Old 12-26-2013, 01:47 PM

Damnit man, you sir are well rounded. Just shoot some Novacaine in ur gums, lol
Old 12-31-2013, 06:17 PM

So my brakes are fixed, new master cylinder in. My truck stops better than its ever stopped since i had it :-)

I ended up not owing anything to Kelly (mechanic friend) cause he wants more electric work done so he said that we can keep bartering, im stoked. He said he can clean out my intake and do the EGR delete for me also, as right now since im working full time, plus its hunting season, i have very little down time, so i think ill let him do it.

If i can get the air/fuel issue sorted out that will be a big relief off my shoulders, then i can start focusing on other smaller things, like the sloppy shifter, or the shifter boot, small electrical issues, yadda yadda.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:34 PM

I also did the egr delete.great mod
Old 01-05-2014, 05:41 AM

So yesterday i was rabbit hunting all day and on my way out my winshield would not clear up with my defroster, we came to a fallen pine tree in the road that was at a slight angle going with the road but across it, i couldn't tell how long it was so as i was trying to climb over (in 2wd) i ended up riding the log long ways and suddenly came to a stop, i got out to check what happened and to lock the hubs, what i found is that i had riden the log to the thickest part and was stuck on my axles (crossmember), we tried like hell to get out, a Hi Lift jack or winch would have been nice, but i dont have either..... We were walking back the 1 1/2 trip to my buddys 2wd Ranger when half way there a vehicle pulls over, my buddy's dad and brother were deer hunting a few miles from us and happened to see us on the side of the road walking. So he brough his Full Time 4wd Jeep Grand Cherokee and pulled me off the log.....

How embarrissing to have a bone stock Jeep pull my Yota with 7 inches of lift and 35's........they all took pics, im waiting for them to send em to me so i can burn them, lol.

Last edited by FinishThaGame; 01-05-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh, ouch.

I got stuck on a 1ft high snow bank once. Only one tire was in it but my ADD was frozen so I had no 4x4. It was embarrassing but at least a Jeep didn't pull me out.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:14 AM

Dang. embarrasing. Somewhere on my thread i have pics of me pulling out a stuck dodge ram full size truck. I drug him like 120 yds uphill in 4low in 1st gear. i was laughing the whole way.That was with my 88 truck.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:44 AM

The funny thing is that im always telling him how he needs more ground clearance...........ironic huh.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:57 AM

If you had a locker you think you would of gotten off it without help??

Quick Reply: Beast in the making...