84-85 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

'85 Yotas Yota! (Lil Red)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
badass man i have an 84 JUST like it but it has the whie stripes down the sides.. love my truck
Old 02-22-2013, 09:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Put the smittybilt on yesterday. Looks pretty good! Buddy rammed me pretty hard and it didn't even budge. Couldn't put pictures up because my computer freezes everytime I try to upload to photobucket. I messed around with the cadillac horns and they sound amazing. But I didn't put them on yet because I could figure out how to mount them because they are switched power and yotas are switched ground. So ill use a relay to wire tthem next. Also filleted the whole side of my thumb while taking my rear bumper off. Need to get the bumper sandblasted because the thick bedliner looks like cr@p. Also the clock looks pretty good.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:54 PM

Bad-Ass pickup man, looks great so far..!! Subscribed for sure..!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:37 PM

Update! Fixed my exhaust leak. Two of the three nuts fell off because I didnt use lock washers on the studs on the manifold. Got my computer to upload the pictures. Here they are:
[IMG][/IMG] Need to get it sandblasted because theres no way Im sanding all the bedliner off. Its wayyyy to thick
Also just to show the holes where someone mounted a inclinometer. Maybe Ill try to get one later down the road.
[IMG][/IMG]
Heres the clock! $4.99 at picknpull. Also got a new heater bezel thing because i cracked mine.
[IMG][/IMG]
Heres the first time i used bondo. Its some awesome stuff! Almost have the center console finished. Cant decide what color to paint it. im thinkin' Red with YOTA painted in it or something with white.
[IMG][/IMG]
Took my valence off to because i tore half of it off last week. Also put a new ''bumper boot'' back on.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 PM

Took a weekly trip to pick n pull today. Found some seat covers that are red so i got them lol. Found a ton of 4 gauge wiring to! Pockets are so great. So i plan on upgrading my main grounds to see if that helps. Also painted my center console! I used some spatter(or splatter) paint thats for trunks. Then i went over it with some rustoleum. Looks decent i think. And i got my first body damage today. My buddie was in front of me when i was parking at school. Then one of the other Yoter guys at our school came up and sandwhiched me! I didnt care at frst because i thought my rear bumper was high enough. NOPE lol. Got two little indents on my tailgate.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:38 PM

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-02-2013, 10:00 AM

Did an oil change finally. Used 5w-30 instead of 10w-30. Truck seems to be smoother and warms up faster. Also used 4awg for my engine grounds and it seems to help!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:44 PM

Got a shackle hitch receiver from Harbor Freight(Chinese Freight). $10. Better than nothing.
[IMG][/IMG]
Also moved my Wallmart lights to the back to make some pretty bright reverse lights!
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 AM

Looking good bud!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:58 PM

Update! Fixed my choke being stuck open. Idles like a dream now. That explains why I was getting 15mpg to. Then went to my buddies and got all my friends to go and find some muddin' spots. We found a great spot that has a lot of good mud holes. Thrashed on my truck pretty hard for the first time. I need to get around to extending my diff. Breathers. Then found a guy who was burried to his frame in his '86 Yota and he had a 4" lift, lockers, and 36s. They were pretty cool guys. So a Ford F150 tried to pull him out but the guy was to scared to break/ruin his truck. So I ended up yanking him out with a couple of tries. Good thing I got the $10 reciever shackle and my bumper! It twisted the mounts up a little bit from tugging so hard. I'm pretty im pressed with the things I've taken my truck through so far. Tomorrows the 4x4 Swapmeet so Ill try to get a Hi-Lift jack, some extra tow straps, snatch straps, and maybe some more lights.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:22 PM

Had a great weekend. Went wheelin' and pulled out a guy that was burried to his frame in the washington muck. He had 36s and 7 inches of lift. I was yanking on him pretty damb hard! Took like 5 tries. He paid me $20 when i got him out! Also went to the 4x4 swapmeet. Got an OLD HiLift for $10 and a front and rear Smittybilt bumper from a Heep for $40. He wanted $100 but I gave him all that was left in my wallet. I'll fab some brackets for the front and sell the rear one or give it to my Dad.
Before[IMG][/IMG]
After[IMG][/IMG]
Heres the bumpers. They are in great shape! Also got more lights. You can never have enough
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-13-2013, 07:57 AM

Great job so far man, awesome first truck. Workin on an 85 myself youve given me some good ideas.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by 2013ToYoT@
Great job so far man, awesome first truck. Workin on an 85 myself youve given me some good ideas.
Thanks man!!
Old 03-17-2013, 01:41 PM

Went wheeling again! Did my first trail fix. Both winshield wipers broke off when I was doing a trail backwords... I found one of them and taped it back on. And for the other one, I got a stick, put some napkins on it and taped it on. Redneck right 'der. Just ordered some Hella 80/100w bulbs and some extra wire to do finish the big 3 upgrade. Probably going to try to extend the diff breathers and maaaaaaybe try to make a snorkel, as I like to go through deep puddles fast
Old 03-20-2013, 07:48 PM

[IMG][/IMG]
Headache rack design. Gonna start it tommorrow! Got some 1.5x1.5 square tube to do it. Then once its done, I can put more lights on
Old 03-21-2013, 02:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Keep up the good work diggin the truck
Old 04-08-2013, 03:10 PM

Great progress! Sub'd!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:30 PM

Sweet truck! I'm jealous!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice First Truck. Im liking the custom center console.

Its always nice to have a shackle receiver. My uncle gave me a warn one for my birthday about 16 yrs ago, I did not think that it was going to get used as much as it does. Definitely worth its weight in gold.

Sweet score on the hi lift jack. I finally got one over the winter. Wishing i would have went for the ultimate or the all cast one. But ended up with the black and red one. Oh well. We shall see how it holds up.

Keep up the good work!!

Last edited by Gizler00; 04-09-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Gizler00
Nice First Truck. Im liking the custom center console.

Its always nice to have a shackle receiver. My uncle gave me a warn one for my birthday about 16 yrs ago, I did not think that it was going to get used as much as it does. Definitely worth its weight in gold.

Sweet score on the hi lift jack. I finally got one over the winter. Wishing i would have went for the ultimate or the all cast one. But ended up with the black and red one. Oh well. We shall see how it holds up.

Keep up the good work!!
Thanks man! Im thinking about making a cover for the center console. The splatter paint comes off easy and it hurts my elbow lol. Yeah the shackle reciever has already saved my friends and I atleast 20 times. Yeah its from Harbor Freight but its held up so far.
The Hi Lift I have is the all cast one. Its pretty dang heavy but I know its gonna last awhile. It to has already saved me a ton of times and I love to use it.
I finished my headache rack! I will get pictures up soon. I think it turned out great and so do my friends. I got to learn how to weld to so thats a bonus.
I also put my first real dent in my truck. My friend and I were in a hairy situation in the woods and the only way out was for my friend to ram me. Dented my tailgate in but oh well. It adds character

Quick Reply: '85 Yotas Yota! (Lil Red)