84-85 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

1986 T4R rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1986 T4R rebuild

So I figured this would be a decent place to start of, I live currently in Colorado Springs so if any of you are local I’d love to meet up. I got my 86 runner in a trade and I am the third owner now (and probably the last). When I got it it was leaking oil pretty bad and there is a awful exhaust leak. 30 Inch tires stock bumpers stock everything, since then I have sourced and done a lot of work to it since I got in in trade in FEB2018.

Some info on it is it’s a 86 DLX IFS 22re. 295k running well
Some o me of my goals are a motor swap/ rebuild it is pretty gutless and it is leaking a good amount of oil.
3-4 inch lift, repaint, stinger type bumper, regear to 5:13s or 5:29s, do a complete rust elimination, rock sliders, some type of roof rack, and a visor are some of my biggest. Wants.

id like to go through and rebuild everything on it and I figured I’d take pics and videos of everything to show you guys and also ask for advice.

So some some of my first things I’m wanting to do mod wise is wire in my rear window ( i got a top off a sr5 and it has the wiper but my runner is a dlx and doesn’t have a plug for it.) along with how a fluid resovior works for the rear.
i also would like to have a tach but without swapping In an sr5 cluster.

I dont know much abiut the truck it has a lot of little things like a sunroof. Most runners I know don’t have a sunroof unless they are a SR5. I was told it’s a Montgomery edition potentially? I’ll post pics of the interier shortly, but it’s all leather and has a bench seat in the back.
Thanks for your time! I have a lot ahead of me! Lots of little things to do and a few bigger things!
If you can tell me some advice on what to check \ what to start on please do. For now that’s all I got!
The day I got it, next to my old 81 truck. The first thing I addressed was the paint it’s super faded but if I polish it it looks brand new. Another question, how should I go about fixing this or is there no fixing it.
A pic of the motor the day I got it.
Pic I was sent in the add

As you can tell there is so much oil build up on the motor.
Removal of the stock bumper and the addition of a custom tube rear.

One of the many nights I have taken it out, got a real good amount of flex lol
Fresh after a wax and polish
INCLINEOMETER! I don’t know why I was or am so excited to have this in my truck it’s a great addition to the dash.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:51 PM

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts
You have a 86, so why are you in the 84-85 section?