Other Makes Cars/Trucks Own a different car or truck other than a Toyota?

74 Celica ST restore

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
74 Celica ST restore

Ive been advised I should make a build thread of my pretty little beast, so I guess Ill just go ahead and do that

Id been searching for 13 years or so to find one around here, that wasnt turned into a rally car or that had already been done out (in any which case theyre hard to come by in any condition)

So found one downtown, it had a blown headgasket and the guy didnt know what was wrong with it and couldnt be bothered.
Minimal work, and the body was in pretty decent shape which was surprising.

Took her home and changed the head gasket first thing

Got her goin for the very first time, love those headlights

While trying to flush the sludge out the next day, the oil pump gear shattered and jammed the crankshaft. Since I couldnt crank it over by hand I thought I might have thrown a rod so I pulled the entire engine out

I figured I may as well do a rebuild on it, since I didnt know any service history of it. Stock it had an 18 in it, but somebody dropped a 20r at some point in its life, and I was okay sticking with that.
So now it sat while I did my research to decide what I wanted to do and source parts etc etc. While sitting there was a bit of an... incident.

So while I was originally planning on leaving the body alone for the time being, my poor girl had a date with the body shop

Unfortunately pics are lacking a little during the engine build process. But I lived at home in an apartment at the time so yay for engine building in the living room! Everything was lovingly hand painted

And my beautiful purple plug wires!

Video of her being fired up for the first time after engine install

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=2&theater

She got a bumped up cam, bored out over 30, a pacesetter header, and a weber carb. Had it port and polished & balanced. And then ofcourse every other normal engine rebuild detail.

Shes not done... I want to get rid of those rims, mirrors and the antenna. Also going to redo the interior in a mix of white leather with some zebra print (hey, I AM a girl) and black
I changed the entire exhaust system as well. The muffler was pretty rusted out. Surprisingly though, everything else was in really good shape. Suspension, drive train, brakes.. all had been replaced recently or very well maintained.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:47 AM

we never see cars! only offroad stuff! looking really good! theres a ton of those here in flordia
Old 08-19-2012, 04:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gorgeous car!!

I can relate to rebuilding an engine in an apartment.....

I have NEVER seen one of those up here (PA) too much road salt....

Looks like a blast to drive, must turn heads!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:12 AM

Thanks guys. Im jealous of places that theyre easily come by.

There arent a lot here either, same thing, too much salt. So I consider myself lucky.
It is fun to drive, especially with it being a little bumped up Head turner as well, though that got old fast so now I dont even pay attention to the people around me or make eye contact. Getting gawked at kind of sucks.

Swimmer, youre in the house full of car parts club too? how do women/your gf/wife like that?? haha
Old 08-19-2012, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by KrispaMispa
Thanks guys. Im jealous of places that theyre easily come by.

There arent a lot here either, same thing, too much salt. So I consider myself lucky.
It is fun to drive, especially with it being a little bumped up Head turner as well, though that got old fast so now I dont even pay attention to the people around me or make eye contact. Getting gawked at kind of sucks.

Swimmer, youre in the house full of car parts club too? how do women/your gf/wife like that?? haha
Let me put it this way, my apartment was nicknamed the "Parts Apartment" by my friends (get it, like parts department hah).

GF would rage whenever I'd buy more parts, I would never hear the end of it..

So... I got rid of her! Now no one, aside from my wallet, can tell me what I can and can't buy.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:50 AM

ahahah good man, thats too funny.
I only asked cause I was still living at home at the time so if my dad brought women home they'd get snotty with him for there being car stuff everywhere. Until he told them it was mine, then they were just confused lol

I dunno what there is to complain about. Better than buying crack.
Unless you also buy that, in which case I just put my foot in my mouth didnt I?
Old 08-19-2012, 10:59 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
DANGGGG! Now that's what I'm talkin bout, Krispa! Hah...... I was thinking, "OH, yeah, she only has like 6 pics on this.... she wont bother"... and BAM!

Wow, I guess i'll take your word for it that it's 'not pURRRfect in person on the body end of things/paint end... BUT LOOKS SICK to me! Did they not do great on the paint and you can tell in person that I just can't see? BTW, LOVE THE FREAKIN COLOR!!!! Seriously... I LOVE that color, even considered painting my Runner that at one point(too much work to change from bright red to blue engine bay/door jams, etc., etc., lol.)....

Lookin good, VERY good, Krispa..... ......... Yer Car too! :b ..... Keep up the great work and .... maybe add some video so we can hear the thing and see some 'drive-by' action?

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 08-19-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:02 AM

Beautiful car and beautiful motor! Keep us updated!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 AM

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=2&theater
Dont scroll so quickly, yo Drive by action may come later, however

Yes, its imperfections that you cant see from far off. Things like he painted over grease in some spots, so now the paint is seperating. Scratches under the door handles from years of key rubs are still noticeable
He didnt fix all of the rust, on one side of the rocker panel he rock guarded it to cover a hole and didnt on the other side
Stupid stuff that anybody with pride in their work would have fixed. But he told me it wasnt a show car and I had to stop spending money on it sometime. After a month long fight he fixed the major issues (like fisheye on the trunk and the fist sized dent in the front fender) but wouldnt budge on anything else.
I love the colour too, thats one thing he actually did well. He had suggested it and I do love it, and the pearl its got.

But thanks I kinda like it
Old 08-19-2012, 12:04 PM

Link said, "NOPE", lol...... I'll try back later.... Is that your lil blue's own Facebook page? hahaa.... Very cool if so.

Alright girl... stay sassy, greasy and takin names!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great looking car!! That would be a lot of fun to have!! Now you should save up for a 2jzge or a 7mge. That would be awesome!! Keep up the work and enjoy it
Old 08-19-2012, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Link said, "NOPE", lol...... I'll try back later.... Is that your lil blue's own Facebook page? hahaa.... Very cool if so.

Alright girl... stay sassy, greasy and takin names!
well wth, stupid facebook. No, its mine but I only have some celica stuff public, just easier when trying to show people.

Ill try, thanks! haha

Yota 86... heck no. I hear that often, or throw a 308 in it. Just not what Im into. Shes got enough pep and power for me with what Ive done and shes staying fairly stock. But thank you
Old 08-19-2012, 09:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well its your ride and you do what you want to with it!! The main thing is enjoy it haha
Old 08-20-2012, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by KrispaMispa
ahahah good man, thats too funny.
I only asked cause I was still living at home at the time so if my dad brought women home they'd get snotty with him for there being car stuff everywhere. Until he told them it was mine, then they were just confused lol

I dunno what there is to complain about. Better than buying crack.
Unless you also buy that, in which case I just put my foot in my mouth didnt I?

Haha yeah it's amazing that people really do get upset over a few car parts laying around.

And no crack for me! lol
Old 08-20-2012, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Swimmerboy2112
Haha yeah it's amazing that people really do get upset over a few car parts laying around.

And no crack for me! lol
Hey Krispa..... shhhh, don't tell anyone... ^^^^ BIG CRACK HEAD! .... sold ALL those car parts recently to fund new Wannabe Crack Empire Creation, after watching too much "Breaking Bad"..... I tried to tell him "Hey man, that show's about METH, .... and ANYWAY, stop with the crack, PLEASEEEEEEE!".... but it's no use ....... ........ JUST KIDDING. ... He's a straight edge kid, from what I can tell, hehe... NO drugs... Athlete... 6'4"...... WAIT, that's right... I think he's trying to lose some height, ...thus the CRACK! All makes sense now lol.... NO WAY, Brian, I would NEVER try to cut the legs out from under you in pursuit of this smokin hot wrench slangin sista! ...........................

Secretly in corner scheming>>>

...........then building superlab in your backyard just to REALLY sabotage you!

>
>
>
>
>......HEYYYYYY, BRIANNNNNNNNNN, how's it goinnnnnnnn!

PS> ........I'm most likely too old for her..... But I AM CLOSER! hahaha. Well, ... not by much, maybe, but still, at 40+ dude gotzta keep the HOPE ALIVE! Right Brian? hahahaha.

PSS> Krispa.... I am totally messin... In that; I am NOT trying to turn this into a "who can win over Krispa" thing... Just know Brian and figure he needs a good laugh right now

PSSS> VIDEO OF THAT BLUE-BETTY DOING DRIVE-BY'S ASAP! hahaha.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:20 PM

Hey now, dont meth around! Thats bad news right there lol

And, youre totally full of it. Yall ARE tryin to see who can win me over! Well let me tell you, I am one tough cookie! But yknow, keep trying... the entertainment factor is priceless
Besides its awesome to talk to people who have such appreciation for my beasts.

Also if Brian there needs a good laugh then what he actually needs is a lap dance, maybe this will be our forum mission

Pretty blues torsion bar ripped off the bottom of the car, so she is parked while waiting for the metal dr to have some time to fix her up for me. So no drivebys until then
Old 08-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Always liked those cars until they went to the front wheel drive. Is nice to see what you have done to it and that you did it yourself. Great job. To bad the body guy didnt take greater pride in his work but it dosnt show on here and still alot better then it was.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:06 PM

Brian..... You must either be in a coma or away from your PUTER! hahaha.

Sorry to hear about the ole girl! But hey, YOU're on it... so s'good as done, right? ......that is unless you're busy with lapdancing for guys on the mend or something,.... I guess we'll just have to wait and see lol.

Terry is a GREAT dude on here... And REALLY good with interior stuff.... I think he has 47 of these projects going right now! haha...
Old 08-20-2012, 03:35 PM

Thanks Terry, I could call him awhole string of names. Really, I just wanna go egg his shop hahah

Im hoping its good as done! Better be. I love the truck but it just isnt as pretty. Actually its still technically a POS
And Im a humanitarian, what can I say, lap dances for all! lol
Old 08-20-2012, 06:42 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
She sho is pretty. The car I mean. The owner ain't to hard on the eyes either.

But if I had my choice of 1st Gen. Celicas, I'd choose the '75 GT. They've got the most aggressive body styling of the 1st Gens. Basically the hood looks a little more "muscle car"-like than the rest of the 1st gens, and the front spoiler is a bit more pronounced too. Other than that, there's not much difference between it and a '74 GT, or a '76-'77 GT Hardtop(really'd want a GT not an ST personally). Mom used to have a light blue metallic(802) '76 GT Hardtop(same color yours used to be). Those larger hood "vents" on the '71-'72s look kinda cool(pardon the pun) though. Just not cool enough IMO.

Last edited by MudHippy; 08-20-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Quick Reply: 74 Celica ST restore