Watercraft Boats, personal watercraft, ect

Looking for a boat.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 12:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Looking for a boat.

Been looking for a small center console boat for a couple of months now without much luck. Started by looking on Craigslist, it didnt take very long before I wanted to **&&^&^^%%$ a few people.
Several people would post a boat for say $2700 one day then post the same boat for $3200 the next day.
Several more wanted $5k or $8k over the NADA value. I'm sorry if you paid $13k for a $6k boat in 1995.
One guy had a 2005 160 Key Largo with a Mec 60hp. NADA is $5200 to $5900, he wants $12.5k!
Some we looked at the people said "its only got one soft spot in the deck" Really only one? Soft spot today is your foot going thru the deck tomorrow.
Looked at a another and asked "Why do you have a rope tied to the motor? He replied " the back-end is weak since it was sunk last year". It was left in the water of over a year!
Contacted a few who had projects boats (boats left in the open for years and years) Which I'm not afraid to take on if its the right hull.
Next is you set up a time to meet and they back out over and over. Dont F^%^&ing post it if you dont want to sell it!!!
or they want a retarded amount of money, for a boat that has small trees growing in it.

Now the best..... looked a two 16' center consoles, one had a Mec150hp and the other had a Yamaha 150hp. Are you kidding me!? Only a complete retard would do that for a hull that's only rated for 75hp.
Both transoms were cracked to hell and back just from the weight. "But it will do 70mhp on the water".