Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

Pickup and Hilux in VA

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Pickup and Hilux

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auctio...&convertTo=USD

I'm not selling anything but I found this on Government Liquidation. I've never purchased anything on this website but there are always awesome deals on all kinds of cool stuff. It looks like there are plenty of salvageable parts on these two trucks, even in there current condition. You don't see many Hilux's in the US and this one is diesel and left hand drive. Could be a really good deal, just thought I would let everyone know.

Last edited by drock2; 03-04-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:02 AM

interesting.....now you have me browsing THAT site..lol
Old 03-04-2007, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by drock2
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auctio...&convertTo=USD

I'm not selling anything but I found this on Government Liquidation. I've never purchased anything on this website but there are always awesome deals on all kinds of cool stuff. It looks like there are plenty of salvageable parts on these two trucks, even in there current condition. You don't see many Hilux's in the US and this one is diesel and right hand drive. Could be a really good deal, just thought I would let everyone know.

I was there (across the street) from it Friday.
I've seen vehicles parked next to the fence but, didn't think they had toyotas.
If anyone needs them checked out further let me know.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Marley2984
interesting.....now you have me browsing THAT site..lol
I know, it's addicting! Did you happen to see those gas turbine engines or how about this, http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auctio...&convertTo=USD?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:30 AM

Hmmm... I wonder what "government" they are liquidating them for, since they are NOT U.S. trucks!
Old 03-16-2007, 08:01 PM

Yeah that site used to have good deals just like ebay. But now just like ebay too many people know about it and no more deals. I wish I would have read this post before the auciton ended. Although they were exactly a good deal at that price. Oh well I didn't need anymore irons in the fire but I would have loved to have those trucks.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:19 PM

mmmmm

I would love to get my hands on a hilux. I would love to restore one of those or build a crawler out of it!
Old 03-18-2007, 07:55 PM

soo, are these sold? it says "CLOSED"

how would we find out more info?
Old 03-21-2007, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by toy4x4runner
Hmmm... I wonder what "government" they are liquidating them for, since they are NOT U.S. trucks!
Actually,.. that's incorrect.
I worked for state dept for a number of years and the facility I worked at was the same place that prepped Hi-Luxes, non-US Landcruisers, to include turbo-diesel FJ105s (Solid front axle 100 Series-Africa Only). I have a ton of pics of these from my travels around the world...

Facility is in Springfield, VA. Every now and again you can go there and see a string of these beauties parked outside.

Bill
Old 03-21-2007, 06:18 PM

what happens to these landcruisers and other hiluxes your talking about when the govt no longer wants them? Do they put them up for auction like the two red hiluxes. And a better question is why does the govt have them in the first place?
Old 03-21-2007, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by swamprunner1
what happens to these landcruisers and other hiluxes your talking about when the govt no longer wants them? Do they put them up for auction like the two red hiluxes. And a better question is why does the govt have them in the first place?
They sell them locally when they outlive their usefulness. They are usually auctioned off by the individual embassies.

Why do they have them? huh? Let's see,.. because when it comes down to it, they are vehicles that you can bet your life on? I've been all over eaurope, Africa, central america and all over the asias (PAK to India to China, Japan, Thailand, Burma etc) and the LC is THE vehicle for people in the know. It's not the Landrover (at least not ones built in the last 20 years or so). I drove Fj105s in Africa,.. and other variants of the LC, Hi-Lux etc., and can definitely understand why they have them.

Bill
Old 03-22-2007, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by wmiranda
Actually,.. that's incorrect.
I worked for state dept for a number of years and the facility I worked at was the same place that prepped Hi-Luxes, non-US Landcruisers, to include turbo-diesel FJ105s (Solid front axle 100 Series-Africa Only). I have a ton of pics of these from my travels around the world...

Facility is in Springfield, VA. Every now and again you can go there and see a string of these beauties parked outside.

Bill
Wow, that?s super interesting. What exactly do you mean by 'prepped'? That Hilux was left hand drive, which seems rare considering the foreign markets they're built for. It would be badass to get your hands on one of those trucks; you'd probably be driving the only one in the U.S. like it.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:28 AM

I understand why the goverment has them. I've been around the world plenty of times also. I've tried to get them imported but the red tape is just to much to make it worth your while. I know how great these toyotas are but still find it hard to believe toyotas marketing executives are too stupid to realize how well these these trucks would do over here.

So is there a number or any contact info for this place in Va your talking about. I'd love to see if I could get my hand on one that the gov't has no more use for.

I'm still trying to get those red trucks. I've talked with the people at gov liquidation and of coarse they wont give out the winning bidders info. I have another plan though. I've bought stuff from that location before and they have some cool ☺☺☺☺ from time to time. But this is by far the best thing to come out of there in my opinion. I just cant believe I've missed this auction.
If both those trucks had good drivetrains somebody got a steal of a lifetime.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:33 PM

Sorry for the delay in response guys.

By Prepped I mean they are armored,. depending on whose use they are for.

There's no contact info. Unless you have a TS clearance and a need to be there... you're not getting in the door.

Most of Africa is LHD so that's where these go. the FJ105 Cruisers are my fave... you can get the from the factory with F/R lockers,.. TurboDiesel, Winches, Lifts,.. Hose-out interiors... ambulance doors... Racks, All Toyota stamped stuff. Just awesome.

I can post some pics of the trucks. do you know the Springfield, VA area at all? I'm in the area fairly regularly. I consult for the Gov't (ours )and will be going out of country for them in a few weeks... then I'll be back... but just for a month and a half or so before I go to the Middle East for a few months..

I can always see if they're out there and meet up and show you all where they are.

Is it possible for me to post pics here or is there a limitation if you don't have enough posts?

Bill
Old 03-27-2007, 03:44 AM

I'd love to see the pics. If you cant do it here send them to my email...mattsoriente@hotmail.com
Old 03-27-2007, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by wmiranda
Is it possible for me to post pics here or is there a limitation if you don't have enough posts?
I don't think there are any limitations. If you have some good pictures, post them. I'd really like to see them.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:25 PM

Teaser...

First pic is a couple of Toyota Tow trucks in Khartoum, Sudan,
Second pic is an FJ-105 in Springfield, VA before being prepped for shipment,
Third pic is a Cruiser in Sudan, assigned to the UN.

Regards,

Bill
Attached Thumbnails Pickup and Hilux in VA-lc-tows.jpg   Pickup and Hilux in VA-lc-105.jpg   Pickup and Hilux in VA-lc-un.jpg  
Old 03-27-2007, 05:38 PM

damn it bill, give me a call. sell me your damn 4runner for the love of god, or the damn 80. i'll get the damn thing running

dave

302-489-9119
Old 03-27-2007, 05:45 PM

It's yours when you want it Bro'! I just put a new Dynomax exhaust on it this afternoon...

Call you tomorrow!

bill
Old 04-09-2007, 04:44 PM

So why does this thread have a thumbs down?

Quick Reply: Pickup and Hilux in VA