Photography/Cameras Camera and photography advice

[WA] Fort Warden

Old 04-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
[WA] Fort Warden

my buddy and I camped at fort Warden friday night.

We left around 8 and arrived at the Fort Warden camp ground somewhere around 10. After setting up camp and making some hamburgers and of course enjoying some cold ones, we decided to go for a walk and take some pictures. We started taking some shots of the old buildings there as we were also looking for the bunkers. After about a hour of walking around we were on a road and came around the corner only to find the park ranger sitting in his truck. So we did what all smart men would do, stand there in the pitch dark in the middle of the road and waited to see if he had seen us. After about a minute of him just sitting in his truck he finally drove off. Lucky us, park closes at dusk and we were within 50 feet of getting caught for trespassing. We finally found the bunkers after at least another 30 mins of walking. Let me tell you it's kind of creepy in the pitch black at an old military installation. The bunkers are solid concrete so when you walk inside it will echo like no other. It's a pretty cool place and I recommend everybody check it out, maybe during the day though. or at least know what your getting yourself into by going at night.

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

[6]

[7]

[8]

[9]

[10]

more pics are here http://photography.eakland.net/main.php?g2_itemId=3317

there are some that need some touch up in photoshop i know. i'll get to it sooner or later.

I need to go back and shoot this again. it was awesome. also i need to buy remote flashes. flash lights arent cutting it. also i need to pick up some extra batteries. we spent all that time walking only for my battery to die shortly after i only got about 50 images total before we had to stop.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Cool pictures Chris.
I camped there around 1971 or so as a Boy Scout.

I can not remember much, but there were a lot of us Scouts there.
I think several troops were there.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
funny you say that, was we were packing up a boyscout troop showed up and was setting up camp in the sites surrounding us. i need to pick up some flashes and an extra battery before i head back again