3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

3.4 swap into 1990 4runner HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3.4 swap into 1990 4runner HELP

Hey guys. My swap is a 1990 4runner 3.0/Auto and the donor is a 1998 4runner 3.4/Auto. I started my swap in November of 2011. I know, I know whats the holdup? Well a lot of things have been going on during that time. But although I cant say im a perfectionist I definately like things nice and done right. I have quietly followed this forum from the beginning and it has been great help. When I started this project Off-Road solutions wasnt in business and I had no idea they would be back. So I started in on it myself. Unfortunately the 1990 4runner IH1 or IH2 connector didnt matchup at all with the EWD or visa-versa So that made it a pain from the get go. Because I live in Phoenix Arizona I have not done much during the summer months. So each time I resume I forget where I left off especially with the wiring. And now more than ever. I am starting to lose interest in a way even though I have SOOOOO much time/money in this thing.
I would like to know if there is anyone in Arizona particularly the Phoenix area that has successfully completing the swap prefferably on an auto trans that would swing by sometime to help. I think I need some motivation more than anything. I have been a mechanic since 1995 so I am competant enough but losing interest is discouraging. I will stop talking for now and see where this goes.
Thanks for reading...