Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

WATTORA at Reiter 03/28/2004

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBadBlue
BTW anyone know where I can get those things that automatically drop your air down to a certain psi? I want them bad! Ben
http://www.central4wd.com/store/itemdetail.asp?ID=8433

Those are the ones I recommend. I had to Oasis brand, but gave them away in favor of the Staun.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by WATRD
Wow Ben! (GreenTaco)

This one looks mighty familiar

I don't know why I didn't center it. Yes indeed it looks mighty familiar. Next is the bigger rock pile before that one, you know the one, the one you eyeball everytime we've been there.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:18 AM

Any other pictures available to view besides the ones posted here, including the link?
Old 04-01-2004, 11:19 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by GRNTACO
I don't know why I didn't center it. Yes indeed it looks mighty familiar. Next is the bigger rock pile before that one, you know the one, the one you eyeball everytime we've been there.
I have actually been up both lines on that rock wall on non-chapter events. It looks even worse from the drivers seat than it does from the ground. I might do it again, but I want to see someone else go up it so I can see it from the outside and decide it if it's even half as nasty as it feels from inside

That thing will be about the limit of my "hardcore" in this truck... at least until I bite the bullet and start removing/caging body panels.

Last edited by WATRD; 04-01-2004 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by KING
Any other pictures available to view besides the ones posted here, including the link?
Not online yet. I have a pile of them and I am hoping to get them into a write-up on the chapter site tonight
Old 04-01-2004, 11:25 AM

I might do it again, but I want to see someone else go up it so I can see it from the outside and decide it if it's even half as nasty as it feels from inside
I'll go up it - in your truck that is.

Not online yet. I have a pile of them and I am hoping to get them into a write-up on the chapter site tonight
Looking forward to it, thanks.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:26 AM

Those are the ones I recommend. I had to Oasis brand, but gave them away in favor of the Staun.
Thanks Rob Ive been meaning to get a set. I just put in my order and became a C4WD customer. thanks, ben
Old 04-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Contributing Member

I'll go up it - in your truck that is.
If you saw what we are talking about, you might not be so eager... I will take some pictures next time I am there.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:54 AM

If you saw what we are talking about, you might not be so eager... I will take some pictures next time I am there.
Let me just tell you that one day, I'll be there.

Could be today, could be tomorrow, but I have always wanted to visit WA for it's off-road attractions (not that AZ doesn't have any but I am more a forest guy than a rock guy) and one day, I'll make it.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Contributing Member

I got a few new shots just in from MidiWall Thanks Mark!

Here's a fun one of partial extension of my front axle, with a bit of stuff in the rear.

Last edited by WATRD; 04-01-2004 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Contributing Member

Let me just tell you that one day, I'll be there.

Could be today, could be tomorrow, but I have always wanted to visit WA for it's off-road attractions (not that AZ doesn't have any but I am more a forest guy than a rock guy) and one day, I'll make it.
Excellent C'mon up, we will keep a light on for you

Here's another of the mud pit stuck. You can see the 'runner, stuck, my winch cable going to him, then a strap from me to another rig to keep him from pulling me in. He was THAT stuck

Old 04-01-2004, 12:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have 31 more coming to that one link courtesy of my Right Seat (Shannon/FunRunner).

I have the pics cropped and uploaded, but I've only done a rough pass at organizing them. Work's more than casually loaded up today, but I'll have it together in a few hours. I'll post here when I do.

Last edited by midiwall; 04-01-2004 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:40 PM

Those are the ones I recommend. I had the Oasis brand, but gave them away in favor of the Staun.
Ditto on the Staun's. They're great. Repeatable accuracy, and don't require more than 1psi difference to start.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:16 PM

Pictures will not do justice..................you must stand at the bottom to get the picture.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by GRNTACO
Pictures will not do justice..................you must stand at the bottom to get the picture.
Probably not, it's a monster of a rock, but at least we can give it some scale for those who have not stood there and felt it's call. I have a good, healthy respect for that thing. When I went up it, I must have had ten guys standing by to apply weight to my sliders and I still felt like I was climbing a vertical face and was about to find out that gravity is more than just a "theory".
Old 04-01-2004, 03:15 PM

New pics are up!

http://www.midiwall.com/4Runner/dirt...4_Reiters.html

You may have to force a RELOAD/REFRESH on your browser to get the updated page.

Page down, or there's an "update" link near the top of the page.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:09 PM

Great pics Mark, is that just your collection or FunRunners also? I didnt even know you got many pics. You were offroading like a pro and keeping her screamin good. lol Fun fun day, cant wait til the next one. That was the most confusing part for me having two Bens on the run. Every time I heard "Ben" on the CB I wanted to reply. I guess when I bring my rig over you will just have to call me blue. Anyone see my roadtrip plans for Spokane & Moses Lake on the Trip Planning section yet? Trying to get a group to go. Ben errrr blue
Old 04-01-2004, 06:23 PM

!

The top section are my pics, the bottom section is all Shannon's (FunRunner) work.

I used to be better about getting a lot of pics, but I've slacked off - Shannon's doing a great job at making up the difference and then some!

I've heard about the Moses Lake run this month, but my April is pretty full.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:42 PM

i was never signed up for it. heh looks like my ski season is pretty much over though, seeing how the heel peice of one of my bindings popped out of the ski i guess i was doing too many switch 540's. i just got the bindings in jan. too. im gonna have to go see if they can warrenty them or something at the shop this weekend.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by KevyWevy
i was never signed up for it. heh looks like my ski season is pretty much over though, seeing how the heel peice of one of my bindings popped out of the ski i guess i was doing too many switch 540's. i just got the bindings in jan. too. im gonna have to go see if they can warrenty them or something at the shop this weekend.
Your ski breaking is the Offroading Gods punishing you for not going to Reiters.

Quick Reply: WATTORA at Reiter 03/28/2004