Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

WATTORA at Reiter 03/28/2004

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 08:14 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WATTORA at Reiter 03/28/2004

I just wanted to say thanks to the YotaTech members who helped to make yesterdays run a success We covered a lot of ground and hit a lot of different terrain and it seemed a good time was had by all.

I am truly impressed by the amount of garbage that folks hauled out, out of the goodness of their hearts, THANK YOU!

Thanks to GreenTaco, BigBadBlue, Charlie, Midiwall, FunRunner, Smegal and anyone else I missed (sorry), I hope you had a great time and will come play with the WATTORA crowd again soon.

I am working on the write up, so if you have photos or video from the run, please send it my way so I can include it. Also, if you got any good shots of my rig in action, I would love to get high resolution copies for a project I am working on.

Thanks again!
Old 03-29-2004, 08:48 AM

Yes it was awesome. The garbage idea should be mandatory for all runs. I will get some pics to you soon.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:56 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by GRNTACO
Yes it was awesome. The garbage idea should be mandatory for all runs. I will get some pics to you soon.
I tend to agree. I am going to start bringing a roll of bags on every run and see if I can get people to continue to clean up a little here and there.

I will look forward to seeing your pictures

Here's a group shot with a few of the participants taking a break.

Old 03-29-2004, 10:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aye! A great time was had by all!

I've got pics going up soon, and I know FunRunner will have some, though she shoots film and transfers to digital so those will be a couple of days.

Rob, I have one shot of your rig, though it's just an A__ shot and not too exciting. Once you see the medium rez, lemme know if you want the high rez.

Also, if anyone happens to have pics of my mud-blasting or teetering, that'd be awesome to see! I hit the truck with a high-pressure water bath this morning, but there's still stuff caked all over. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to all!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by WATRD
I tend to agree. I am going to start bringing a roll of bags on every run and see if I can get people to continue to clean up a little here and there.

I will look forward to seeing your pictures

Here's a group shot with a few of the participants taking a break.

woah, that's a sweet rig right there in front!

Actually... it is... I've always liked your rig - I'd love to see some pics of it in action.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:32 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks! We had a lot of really nice rigs out there yesterday and folks did a nice job of challenging their abilities while still keeping things safe.

Mark, send away

Here's another shot Donna took. Charles was on his third pass through the ruts, when all of a sudden he wasn't going anywhere I think he tempted fate a bit with that third pass.

Old 03-29-2004, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by midiwall
Aye! A great time was had by all!

I've got pics going up soon, and I know FunRunner will have some, though she shoots film and transfers to digital so those will be a couple of days.

Rob, I have one shot of your rig, though it's just an A__ shot and not too exciting. Once you see the medium rez, lemme know if you want the high rez.

Also, if anyone happens to have pics of my mud-blasting or teetering, that'd be awesome to see! I hit the truck with a high-pressure water bath this morning, but there's still stuff caked all over. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to all!
Here's one

I will try to help with perception for those who weren't there......see the 2 rocks next to the tree between Mike and Marks Runner..........that's the bottom.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:20 AM

Mark sorry I didn't get any of the mud blasting but my camera doesn't have that fast of a shutter speed
Old 03-29-2004, 11:53 AM

! Thanks Ben!

Shannon just sent along some thumbnails from the pics she took of the percarious little spot I got myself into. That was a bit of fun that I didn't expect. oops.

Thanks to you, Mike and Mike's buddy (sorry!) for the spotting help!

(side thought... I gotta remember to rig the MiniDisc recorder on VOX to get some of the screams. )
Old 03-29-2004, 12:02 PM

OH! OH! OH! I keep forgetting about...

Mike and Ben's little run-in with the mud!

Shannon's got a couple of nice shots of that... And I'll have those online soon.

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

My pics are up... It looks like I'm getting lazy with taking pics... Bummer!

http://www.midiwall.com/4Runner/dirt...4_Reiters.html
Old 03-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks to everyone for making it such a fun day!

I'm still laughing every time I picture Smegal's mud filled interior and poor Ben standing there like a deer caught in headlights!

It was great to meet all the nice TTORA people, the crew that came over from Wenatchee for the day, and of course all the YotaTech people.

Thank you Mark for letting me be your right seat. You're an awesome driver! I've still got mud in all my nooks and crannies! I know your truck does too.
I mailed the CD today, hopefully you'll get it tomorrow and can post the pics - thanks!
Old 03-29-2004, 06:18 PM

Thanks for the invite Rob/WaTTORA

Hey I just wanted to thank you all for the invite and showing the few of us Wenatchee/Central Washington Offroaders that made the trip, the Reiters Pit area. What a great day, group, and run. I really had quite the blast. I really wished I brought Blue over though. I was Charles aka CJsRedRunnerOn35s relief driver being he was on NO sleep. But Mr. Charles slept a whole woppin 20 minutes on our way home. I instead was the tired one doing 50 mph huggin that solid white line. Oh well. Next time Blue's coming out to play. BTW I am not a comicaze <~~(spelling?) mud lover like Charles. He really likes that mud, almost to much.
I also wanted to thank Rob and I feel stupid but forget your name, the owner of the "Paradise Blue" Taco with a trail carnaged roof rack. You guys rocked. I seriously thought his rig was a gonna. When I saw that rear drivers tire sliding in the sand and the passenger front lifting off the ground I was sure he was tipping over. Your quick actions saved Charles's 4runner. thanks. cant wait til the next run. Will probaly be back in the Reiters area in May (May 5th- the 9th?). Joey UK Myers & I were talking about a possible road trip checking out orv parks upon his return in May or June. Just an FYI. Thanks, Ben
Old 03-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BigBadBlue
I also wanted to thank Rob and I feel stupid but forget your name, the owner of the "Paradise Blue" Taco with a trail carnaged roof rack. You guys rocked. I seriously thought his rig was a gonna. When I saw that rear drivers tire sliding in the sand and the passenger front lifting off the ground I was sure he was tipping over. Your quick actions saved Charles's 4runner. thanks. cant wait til the next run. Thanks, Ben
Patrick was the guy in the "baby blue" rig. I don't think he's on here, but I will pass along your thoughts It wasn't as bad as it looked, he was pretty stable as long as he didn't move. I am glad we were able to fish him out of the hole with no damage other than his pride.

It was good to get to wheel with you. We have been exchanging pleasantries for so long that it was about time we actually met. Both you and Charles are certainly welcome on future WATTORA events.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Funrunner
Thanks to everyone for making it such a fun day!

I'm still laughing every time I picture Smegal's mud filled interior and poor Ben standing there like a deer caught in headlights!
Well Shannon my dear, we aim to please.

The only spot thats clean on my rig is the drivers window. Oh and where Ben was standing. he he

Last edited by smr4runner; 03-29-2004 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:42 PM

sounds like a great trip guys. wish i could have been there, but i had a great time skiing in the cloudless sky. only a couple weeks left of ski season
Old 03-31-2004, 06:18 PM

Kevin I thought I saw prior to the run you were signed up. Were my eyes messin with me? Where did you end up going to ski at? I was there but uhh kinda wasnt there without Big Bad Blue. I rode shotgun for a buddy that wanted a designated driver being he was going to be tired from no sleep. So I was sorry I hadnt brought mine over. I would not have been 100% happy having it there anyway. I didnt have my tire carrier project complete in time for the run anyway. But I got it done today with the much needed help from Charles (BigRedRunner). Heres a pic.

Ben
Attached Thumbnails WATTORA at Reiter 03/28/2004-tire-carrier.jpg  
Old 04-01-2004, 10:15 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BigBadBlue
I also wanted to thank Rob and I feel stupid but forget your name, the owner of the "Paradise Blue" Taco with a trail carnaged roof rack. You guys rocked. I seriously thought his rig was a gonna. When I saw that rear drivers tire sliding in the sand and the passenger front lifting off the ground I was sure he was tipping over. Your quick actions saved Charles's 4runner. thanks.
Photos never do these situations justice

Old 04-01-2004, 10:20 AM
Contributing Member

Wow Ben! (GreenTaco)

This one looks mighty familiar

Old 04-01-2004, 10:41 AM

Yes indeed, keep them pictures coming ROB!
Old 04-01-2004, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by WATRD
Photos never do these situations justice

That pic really does no justice. The drivers side rear where all the shaded area is was the drop off into the 3-5 foot deep wash out. At points of the fiasko <~~(spelling?) I was hanging off the passenger side a$$ end. The passenger side front tire was off the ground 1-3 inches. It looks like you could easily drive out of that but due to the soft sand that kept giving under the drivers rear it was best to be gentle imo. Moral of that story is to air down to 15 psi like every one else, (not losing traction in the first place) and keep BIG a$$ 35's off the roof when your rig is jakked up. He was running 23 psi that day. BTW anyone know where I can get those things that automatically drop your air down to a certain psi? I want them bad! Ben

Quick Reply: WATTORA at Reiter 03/28/2004