Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

SoCal!! Superstition 7 Jan 14-16 2005

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deathrunner
I don't want body damage

I'd be down to go. But I am alergic to body damage

Body damage is a no.
Why do you keep saying this?
Do you think we are all into body damage or something?

I think you should just put it in your sig, that way it's always there, you know in case we forget.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow I sound like a Pu$$y

Let me explain. I had a buddy who was part of this club and he was always banging the crap out of his rig. From what he had explained to me most of them were pretty hardcore.

I guess I'm just a little paranoid after dropping 5 grand into my front end. I'm pretty new to organized wheeling. I have always gone out on my own where I can turn around when I don't feel comfortable. I just don't want to be a drag if it's more than I am willing to handle. I've yet to meet any of you guys in person so I don't know what type of wheeling you all do.

Maybe the reason I bring it up so much is to be a subconscious reminder to myself "Dude, don't jack up your rig"

Thanks for takin notice hope ya understand.

Anyway I'm planning on going.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:07 AM
Contributing Member

It looks like there will be all kinds of trails for all levels of acceptable carnage. The easier the run though the more "boring" it's going to be though as far as challenging you and your vehicle. Do you have sliders?
Old 12-30-2004, 05:31 AM

the raffle is on saturday night and extra raffle tickets are a buck each and they usually do some deal 30 tickets for 20 bucks. if you have sliders on your rig you should be fine on most anything. your right those guys are pretty hardcore but they make the runs alot easier because they know they will have lots of newbies. if nothing else sign up for a run saturday and we will have a yotatech run on sunday
Old 12-30-2004, 08:13 AM
Contributing Member

I'm gonna try and make this run, but at the moment it's 50/50....
Old 12-30-2004, 08:31 AM

I've got nerf bars. Yeah, I know, they only bolt on in two spots. If nothing else they'll act like curb feelers.

I plan on getting sliders and a locker once I get into the rear of my truck. The nerf bars attach to the front spring hanger which will need to be relocated.

Anyway, I'm bringing a buddy with a relatively stock XJ, so he's going to be my limiting factor.

I'm gonna have fun either way. If it ends up being boring, I'll know to step it up next time.

Thanks for the support.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:54 PM

Thanks for takin notice hope ya understand.

Anyway I'm planning on going.
No problem

I was just wondering if you really thought I'd be hammering my 3rd gen more than you w/a 1st gen.
Granted I came home from the last trip w/a dent, but that is never my intention.

A Sunday Yotatech run would be cool, I have a feeling I'm gonna be over the crowds/lines with an organized run. Not to mention all the Jeeps, I'm sure we'll here some comments.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:05 PM

I love the social aspect of the big runs, but not the whole cattle herding thing. It would be nice if the "Kobe Beef" went for a little "grazing" on our own.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:37 PM

I'm going to leave early on Saturday to make it in time for a run. How long of a drive would it be from vista to superstition???? I will stay over Saturday if you guys still plan on doing a run.

Rob T2k- What run are you going to do??? You don't have lockers, right? I'm open diffed.

I can't wait to hear all the Jeep guys taunting us. It's only fair I've been giving my XJ buddy crap all year. All he ever hears from me is, "Dude, shoulda boughta yota".

Everytime it leaked tranny fluid..."Dude, shoulda boughta yota"

When we found out his Dana 35 could barely handle 31" tires...."Dude, Shoulda Boughta Yota"

When his transfer linkage broke.... "Dude, shoulda boughta yota"

Ya get the point....

So hopefully he will come.

"Kobe Beef".....nice
Old 12-31-2004, 01:20 AM
Contributing Member

Fire Extinguisher

I know I should have one already but I don't. Still collecting all my offroad gear. What type should I get and what do they run?
Old 12-31-2004, 01:46 AM

Mine came with my truck...I wonder if they go bad.
Yeah, I might need to go get one too.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:41 AM
Contributing Member

I am filling out the entry form--I think we need a club name. It is 5:30am right now, so I can't think of one.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:44 AM

dork patrol
Old 12-31-2004, 06:43 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Marc P
I am filling out the entry form--I think we need a club name. It is 5:30am right now, so I can't think of one.

The Official Jeep Recovery Team
Old 12-31-2004, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by wifesaysimadumbass
dork patrol
I don't know why but that cracked me up pretty bad.

On that note, I think "Dork Patrol" would be a pretty good name for a group. I know that's not what you intended, but how can you not respect.........The Dork Patrol.

Last edited by deathrunner; 12-31-2004 at 10:34 AM. Reason: My typing skills suck
Old 12-31-2004, 10:43 AM

Hey I just notioced....I have no freaking rear tow points. I've never been towed out of anything, I doubt the green run or the Rabbit's foot run would provide a challenge that would require a rear tow point. But, They require a rear point. Any idea what I should do. I don't think 1st gens have any spot for that. And I don't have a welder. I have some old Hooks from the front of my truck.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:16 PM

Rob T2k- What run are you going to do??? You don't have lockers, right? I'm open diffed.
Not sure what run we're gonna do. We'll probably all stick together (Marc,Josh if his truck is up, and Matt) not sure if Mikey is gonna take the hardcore run or stick w/us.

I have the E locker in the rear, open diff up front.

As for a rear tow point, do you have a receiver hitch? I have a hitch mounted shackle hanger you could borrow if you do.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:22 PM

No hitch, just the paper thin 1st gen rear bumper. I might need to get some tow points welded to my frame, huh?
Old 01-02-2005, 07:59 PM

if your rear bumper has a hole for a ball hitch you can get a large shackle and put it through it and that will suffice. if not drill some holes through the bumper mounts and bolt you front tow hooks on and call it good....
Old 01-02-2005, 09:05 PM

I don't think those bumper brakets would support my vehichles weight. I don't know if your 85 came with a ball hitch bumper, but mine is seriously a flat piece of bent sheet metal. I bumped it on a bag of cotton candy and it bent!!!! If you think it will pass inspection, then I'll go for it. Otherwise I'll find someone with a welder.

Quick Reply: SoCal!! Superstition 7 Jan 14-16 2005