Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Shower time a comin'

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 07:17 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Shower time a comin'

Been thinking about this mod for awhile now.
It's available from R&M.

They offer their kit two ways. A portable kit where the hood must be open and you attach clips to the battery and hook up your hoses.

For $120 more you can hardwire it all and leave the hood shut. All you have to do then is attach the intake water hose that goes to a stream, or bucket to the bracket with a quick disconnect, and another hose to the bracket with a qd that then goes to the heat exchanger.

Here is a magazine article with a V6 Toyota.
You can clearly see the bracket at the back right of the bumper. I bet this location would work for me to since I have a tailgate similar to his.

You can also see how the 2.5"x12" heat exchanger sits on top of the EFI unit. I think I can still cram this under my hood, though it is getting very tight under there

They say you need to disconnect your heater hose that goes to the firewall for your heater core. Doesn't sound to hard to do.

I get this, I'll truly be rockin' out in the woods
Old 06-29-2002, 08:56 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man Corey, you are doing everything I want to do to my truck (if I had the money). First the bumper/winch, then the sliders, now the shower. Next is the locker, right?

In about 5 years, we'll have the same truck, even down to the color.

Steve
Old 06-29-2002, 09:19 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

He he he, I'd like to lock someday, but for the stuff I am running right now, I don't really need one yet.
There has been a few times I admit when a locker would have came in handy like on the Naches run we did two falls ago.

But I am having too much fun now fixing it up with stuff I have dreamed of for years, even before I had the Runner, such as the winch and Aussie style bumper.

The shower would be cool (Actually 105 to 120 degrees) to have as one thing when you camp, it's easy to get dirty and I hate trying to sleep that way.
I often bathe in creeks and rivers while camping, but that is not the most private.

I think one of these showers is the hot ticket.
The president of the WA. state chapter for TTORA is putting one on his Taco here very soon.
Corey
Old 06-30-2002, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corey,

How much do you plan to charge for a shower when you're out in the boonies? Maybe a $1 per gallon of water or something like that?
Old 06-30-2002, 11:31 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

He he he, that's a good idea Alan. I could set up a cup with a "Donate to Toy E locker fund" on it.
Corey
Old 06-30-2002, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You just don't need one in this state, go hop into a river or a creek, thats all i do when I am over at manashtash for the weekend, But when you are down on the con or the hammers, its a nice thing to have...