Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

New park in the Chicago area

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 04:58 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New park in the Chicago area

http://www.gljt.org/modules.php?name...article&sid=33
Old 05-21-2004, 05:48 AM
Contributing Member

figures .. right after I leave they would do this :cry:
Old 05-26-2004, 07:49 AM
Contributing Member

Im going to warn you guys, it is very gnarly out there. I was one of the group who cut all the trails and we made them tight, and picked the obstacles that looked like the most fun.. I was on that run with GLJT as well, and unfortunatly i had to go home on a trailer. WB limit is 110" for a reason. My truck was in nice shape until i took it out there for trail building. The body is now trashed. door doesnt close (or open for that matter), hood no longer lines up, Fenders destroyed, and i think i can now count working lights on one hand. I dont even want to start typing about the bed. On the bright side i have not rolled it, yet.

Its a good time out there, i had a lot of fun running with the jeep guys, but if you go you cannot be afraid of body damage. the only way to not get body damage is if you just play arround in the muddy ridgeline that is on flat ground. Or stay in the parking lot. Not one person on that run left without some damage.

I was planning on getting a run together out there this summer, when the trails tame up a bit. It is swamper country, and boggers are king. When its dry out AT's and open diffs can get the job done, if you are an excellent driver. The moment it gets wet out that all changes. I think i have some pics of the place arround here, if not i can get them from some of the other guys.