Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Big Bear, Oct 14th

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Bear, Oct 14th

Since my pig wont be devils Canyon ready due to rubber fundage I am looking to get on some 33in tire friendly trails. So I am going to be running John Bull, Deep Creek and maybe others the Weekend of the 14th. Also I need to put some test time on my bitch since the SAS.

So for all the guys who want to wheel but the DC looks a bit hardcore heres your chance to get some wheelen in.

So if anyone wants to meet up please post up. I might be camping up there and making a weekend of it so please let me know.....
Old 09-26-2006, 05:53 AM

What level is John Bull? Is it for beginner and intermediate or advance offroaders?
Old 09-26-2006, 09:42 AM

I would be interested in going that weekend. I should have my rear locker in by that time. I would love to test the lockers and new tires out then. Keep us posted.

Steve
Old 09-26-2006, 09:53 AM

I'm going to be up in Arrowhead that weekend for Octoberfest with some friends. If we have time we may try to hit a trail or two, although we may be too busy drinking...
Old 09-26-2006, 10:08 PM

well john bull is a med trail now, locked on 33"s maybe even 31" should be able to do it. I will be posting more info in the coming day to really make it fun
Old 09-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Contributing Member

John Bull is medium to difficult which requires sliders and some basic armor. Rear locker is a plus and 3" lift / 33's are a must for most applications. Actual vehicle models will vary accordingly. It's a great trail!

Good luck
Old 09-26-2006, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Good Times
John Bull is medium to difficult which requires sliders and some basic armor. Rear locker is a plus and 3" lift / 33's are a must for most applications. Actual vehicle models will vary accordingly. It's a great trail!

Good luck
pretty much, but since all the noobs have been redoing it....it's kinda like the mall now
Old 09-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Contributing Member

YT had a run there not too long ago (Aug to be exact) and it was definitely not 31" friendly. I would say 3" and 32's with sliders a must. Expect some body damages if you're not experienced.

Good luck
Old 09-27-2006, 12:30 AM

That was a fun trip
Old 09-27-2006, 05:51 AM
Contributing Member

I would not consider John Bull a Mall!

No the hardest trail but you will be challenged on anything 33" or smaller like already said.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:29 AM

So guys would 32" w/ frt & rr locker and sliders be able to make it through? Of course understanding ahead of time it might be some work and possible body damage if wreckless. I really would like to go back and try that trail along with others in BB. I was not able to do it on the yotatech run but should have everything setup by this coming trip date.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Contributing Member

yeah you should be fine. It'll require some great spotting and driving skills though. Just because you have a great rig doesn't necessarily mean you can get thru w/o any damages. remember it's 90% driver skills and 10% vehicle spec.

Good luck!
Old 09-27-2006, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by SoCal80
So guys would 32" w/ frt & rr locker and sliders be able to make it through? Of course understanding ahead of time it might be some work and possible body damage if wreckless. I really would like to go back and try that trail along with others in BB. I was not able to do it on the yotatech run but should have everything setup by this coming trip date.
you should be fine.PM me if you want some more info. Worse comes to worse there are a lot of other trails in big bear that can be done. I did deep dreek (aka dish pan) on 33's with not much of a lift and only locked in the rear. The 33's killed me due to them stuffing and that would pitch me in the air....you will be just fine

As far as this run I am thinking we can rough it anywhere we want pending everyone has Adventure pass's. Should be a great weekend and great weather.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:39 PM

Lance,
Thanks! I understand majority of it is driver. That is why I want to take more trips so that I can learn more each time. I just like to at least have the vehicle up to par to play. Look forward to doing other runs w/ everyone.

Steve

Originally Posted by Good Times
yeah you should be fine. It'll require some great spotting and driving skills though. Just because you have a great rig doesn't necessarily mean you can get thru w/o any damages. remember it's 90% driver skills and 10% vehicle spec.

Good luck!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:39 PM

PM sent.

Originally Posted by Blangkang
you should be fine.PM me if you want some more info. Worse comes to worse there are a lot of other trails in big bear that can be done. I did deep dreek (aka dish pan) on 33's with not much of a lift and only locked in the rear. The 33's killed me due to them stuffing and that would pitch me in the air....you will be just fine

As far as this run I am thinking we can rough it anywhere we want pending everyone has Adventure pass's. Should be a great weekend and great weather.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:07 PM

what about a sonoran steel lift with 285/75r16, otherwise stock? obviously jonh bull is out, but what aobut the others?

im ordering the lift tomorrow, so i might get it in time and have it installed by the time you guys go up (doubt it but still)
Old 09-28-2006, 07:17 AM

I'll go if I don't go to the Devil's Canyon run as a spotter...
Old 09-28-2006, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Toyopnoy
I'll go if I don't go to the Devil's Canyon run as a spotter...
just let me know, spotting aint as fun as driving lol

Ok myslef and others are planning on meeting up on friday to head to Big Bear. Camp Friday night and wake up to the beautiful socal mnt weather. Then sat make some grub have a small drivers meeting then hit the trails. The trails are not a for sure. Soon as I find out how many noobs, med, and advanced guys we have going we will pick the runs out. I have done holcomb on 31 (bald) and open open. I also did deep creek on 33's no real lift and a rear locker. If anyone is unsure of there capability feel free to PM me or give me a call at 909-731-0601 and just ask for Mike
Old 10-05-2006, 11:03 PM

ok I just would like to give this thread a bump. If anyone is planning on going please PM for more info. So far we have a little bit smaller group under 10 trucks which is cool. So if you wanna wheel camp and have some fun let me know. Smaller groups allow us to focus on the trail and not have to rush threw it.

We are going to camp in big bear so addventure passes are needed.
Driver meeting at 8ish then hit the trail by 8:30. we are planning on doing anywhere from 1-4 trails in this next weekend.

So please PM me or e-mail me at BlangKang@gmail.com to RSVP so we can plan 4 you. thanks much

Mike...
Old 10-08-2006, 10:43 AM

bump for next weeked.....

Quick Reply: Big Bear, Oct 14th