Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

2011 Colorado Toyota Jamboree. July 29th-31st

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by E_ROCK
I am out. I have been requested to be onsite at our clients the week of July 25th. There is a small chance that the stars will align perfectly and I might be able to make it Saturday.

I got your message last night and tried calling ya back later. Sorry about that, hopefully you'll be back and get to come out for part of the Jambo.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sapient
Hi everyone, I just moved to Denver from San Diego and took my 4Runner (stocker) out to the mountains a few times and had a great time! This looks like a fun trip but I don't know anyone who off roads in the area. If anyone is going out before the Jam let me know, I can't do anything to crazy with my truck until I get a job and get some bigger tires, suspension, etc.. but I am always down to go out and do what I can and have a good time and I'm looking to meet some people in the area and learn more about the hobby and mods I need for the 4runner. I live in Denver fyi and here's my email if anyone wants to meet up for a run or something evermail@hotmail.com.
There's plenty of trails in the BV area that you can run with your stock 4Runner. Check out the list of trails at the top of the thread, we listed the trails suitable for stock rigs. You'll want to come to the Jambo just to check out everyone's setups and to meet and chat with other Toyota owners. There should be a good selection of 3rd Gen 4Runners that show up.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:24 PM

Post up your wheeling rig so everyone has an idea of who drives what before the Jambo

1984 4Runner

It might look "alittle" different for the Jambo though
Old 07-15-2011, 08:21 AM

Two week bump!!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Volcom
I got your message last night and tried calling ya back later. Sorry about that, hopefully you'll be back and get to come out for part of the Jambo.
For the first time ever, lack of planning, extreme disorganization, and inadequate foresight of my client worked out to my benefit. My travel dates slipped back to August. So, I back in!

Last edited by E_ROCK; 07-19-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:20 AM

For the first time ever, lack of planning, extreme disorganization, and inadequate foresight of my client worked out to my benefit. My travel dates slipped back to August. So, I back in!
Hopefully not on your part? LOL

Sounds like when you came to pick up the Jeep.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:34 AM

Old 07-21-2011, 05:28 PM

Awesome! Still want to run another trail on Friday besides Holy Cross?
Old 07-21-2011, 10:17 PM

I still dont know which truck Ill be in but if yall dont care if I tag along Id run something other than HC on Friday.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:09 PM

So, we are going to have a decent raffle this year.

We will have products and/or gift certs from the following companies:
Front Range Off Road
Ruff Stuff Specialties
Addicted Offroad
WabFab
RA Designs
ProfenderUSA
Big Horn Graphics
Trail-Gear
Battlement Fab
Karnage Fab

And hopefully a few more will roll in this week.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:13 PM

Based upon what the map looks like, this is probably a stupid question, but are there going to be any restroom facilities?
Old 07-23-2011, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Aurora Sandman
Based upon what the map looks like, this is probably a stupid question, but are there going to be any restroom facilities?
No. this is dry camping. Pack it in/pack it out.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:26 PM

Cant wait. Its comin fast. I will prolly be there Thursday night or Friday morning sometime. Goin to Silverton to do hang with Justin Fort while hes there. And from there to the Jambo! Its gonna be a good week
Old 07-24-2011, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by ScottyC
So, we are going to have a decent raffle this year.

We will have products and/or gift certs from the following companies:
Front Range Off Road
Ruff Stuff Specialties
Addicted Offroad
WabFab
RA Designs
ProfenderUSA
Big Horn Graphics
Trail-Gear
Battlement Fab
Karnage Fab

And hopefully a few more will roll in this week.
Awesome, thanks for getting vendors to donate to the raffle. Remember, tickets are $1/ea or 6 for $5.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by DIRTCO
Awesome! Still want to run another trail on Friday besides Holy Cross?
Yeah, I am game for something else, so just pick a place. When are you getting there? Thursday or Friday? I am pulling a small popup this year, so I am going to head out Thursday night. That way I don't have to get up super early to drop off the popup before hand or risk leaving it at a trailhead. If you are getting there on Thurdays, we can just head out from camp. If you are getting there on Friday, we can just meet up on the trailhead.

Volcom, are you tenting it or stay in the popup?
Old 07-25-2011, 04:55 PM

Yeah, I am game for something else, so just pick a place. When are you getting there? Thursday or Friday? I am pulling a small popup this year, so I am going to head out Thursday night. That way I don't have to get up super early to drop off the popup before hand or risk leaving it at a trailhead. If you are getting there on Thurdays, we can just head out from camp. If you are getting there on Friday, we can just meet up on the trailhead.

Volcom, are you tenting it or stay in the popup?
I need to take care of a couple issues on the 4Runner, and the parts won't be here until Thursday (long story). I think I will make it but I'm not 100% sure. My plan was to show up Friday morning. Maybe we should meet up at the Holy Cross trailhead with everyone else, that way if I don't have a rig you can run HC. If I do Camp Hale is only a couple miles away and we could go explore for the day.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Z's Confederate Toy
I still dont know which truck Ill be in but if yall dont care if I tag along Id run something other than HC on Friday.
(Read above post) I'm cool with that, but you might want to have a back up plan to ride along with someone on HC. I'm sure there will be plenty of open seats. I'm pretty sure I'll have the 4Runner there, but it's really cutting it close and I don't want you to make the trip just to find out everyone is running Holy Cross.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:40 PM

You guys open to a stock Jeep? I had to sell my Yota, but would love to make this Jambo.

We would have to come down later Friday night and maybe leave Sat night, Sun morning.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:41 PM

How many stock(ish) rigs are going to be there? I don't want to be the only one on an easier trail...
Old 07-26-2011, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by DIRTCO
I need to take care of a couple issues on the 4Runner, and the parts won't be here until Thursday (long story). I think I will make it but I'm not 100% sure. My plan was to show up Friday morning. Maybe we should meet up at the Holy Cross trailhead with everyone else, that way if I don't have a rig you can run HC. If I do Camp Hale is only a couple miles away and we could go explore for the day.
No worries. Don't put any extra stress on yourself. I have an open seat and we can run HC. It isn't a biggie. Any day on the trail is a great day.

I know this is super late, but I have some 17" 6 lug spiderlocks sitting in the garage. I am not too sure how I can get them to you. I need to spend a little time with the family since I have a work trip right after the Jambo. If you wanted to mount up your tires to my wheels, let me know.

Quick Reply: 2011 Colorado Toyota Jamboree. July 29th-31st