4ROC This forum is for the discussion of a world wide 4Runner Club with separate chapters for each state

CA4ROC - sign in

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in.

I can help with stuff.. I know some scripting stuff, but not very much...

I'm in Santa Clarita/Socal area, anyone close by?
Old 07-22-2003, 08:13 AM
Contributing Member

yep...canyon country here.

and there are a couple people from the valley, and lots of OC kids.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i'm in but i'm gonna sit on the sidelines for now (busy w/ alot of things). so who's running the show here?

bob
Old 07-22-2003, 04:08 PM

I'm in Canyon Country too. I live off of Soledad inbetween Shadow Pines and Soledad..
Old 07-22-2003, 04:43 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Doods,

Sounds like you've got a pretty good bunch of people together. Washington and Virginia seem to be coming along pretty good as well. If you live relatively close to each other (I realize Cali is a big state), you may want to set up a meeting time. I'm volunteering Mertzr to take control until he moves
Old 07-22-2003, 07:10 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by NicK
I'm in Canyon Country too. I live off of Soledad inbetween Shadow Pines and Soledad..
I live in Newhall, but as of right now im in San Jose for School.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:52 PM
Contributing Member

Its mertzTR mister!

That's the thing though, some of the soCal guys may live closer together, but I'm not really sure of the geography down there. The people I recognize from NorCal are Scottiac, Sportedition, and atarinaper. Bruce (sportedition) is the closest to me, about 30 min away or so.

I think we should have co-chairs, so that the soCal guys can organize their own runs and stuff, but still work towards a common CA4ROC goal!
Old 07-22-2003, 08:12 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by NicK
whoa, you're pretty close to me. i live down sand canyon . do you ever go wheelin in that area to the left of soledad about a mile or so to the north past shadow pines? it's right behind some new homes they're building off mammoth lane? i go there all the time, there's some fun stuff there. if you ever want to hit it up sometime, let me know and i'm down to go.

yeah that's a good idea on the co-chairs thing. while we're all under the 4ROC:CA roof, there should be a north and south division, at least for trail ride planning.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by calrockx
whoa, you're pretty close to me. i live down sand canyon . do you ever go wheelin in that area to the left of soledad about a mile or so to the north past shadow pines? it's right behind some new homes they're building off mammoth lane? i go there all the time, there's some fun stuff there. if you ever want to hit it up sometime, let me know and i'm down to go.

yeah that's a good idea on the co-chairs thing. while we're all under the 4ROC:CA roof, there should be a north and south division, at least for trail ride planning.

Heh, I go over there all the time just to mess around. I also go over to Rowher Flats off of Sierra Hwy cause theres sum fun (very easy) trails that lead up outta there. And I've been to Hungry Valley in Gormon (off the 5) once, and I wanna go again soon. So yea, if you wanna go mess around sometime I'm down.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Contributing Member

I am in Granada Hills, only about 15 minutes from all of you Santa Clarita/Canyon Country folks. Looks like we have the beginings of a great local chapter of the CA4ROC group. Hope you are going to Pismo on the weekend of 8/8-8/10? Perhaps you can teach me a thing or two about off-roading in the 4Runner!!

I can't wait!!
Old 07-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by mertztr
Its mertzTR mister!

That's the thing though, some of the soCal guys may live closer together, but I'm not really sure of the geography down there. The people I recognize from NorCal are Scottiac, Sportedition, and atarinaper. Bruce (sportedition) is the closest to me, about 30 min away or so.

I think we should have co-chairs, so that the soCal guys can organize their own runs and stuff, but still work towards a common CA4ROC goal!
Sorta like different *Sub-divisions* under the CA4ROC banner? "CA4ROC North" "CA4ROC South" might be a good idea, cuz then us Norcal folks would have to plan more outings just to keep up with all the folks in SoCal that live close to each other.

Although, I could use some SoCal runs as an excuse to get the wife down to SoCal to see her parents. I could dump, errr, I mean drop, her off at her parents in Oxnard and then go play...
Old 07-25-2003, 12:09 PM
Contributing Member

But then again, how do I get you guys to come out of the bay and hit some trails up here? Where NorCal *REALLY* starts..
Old 07-25-2003, 03:45 PM
Contributing Member

Ever run Strawberry?
Old 07-25-2003, 03:48 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by SumDumGuy
But then again, how do I get you guys to come out of the bay and hit some trails up here? Where NorCal *REALLY* starts..
Im open to that also.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey I want to join. I'm in San Diego witha 1st gen
Old 05-20-2004, 04:53 PM

Thumbs up

I don't have a 4runner yet but i plan to get a 1st gen made somewhere around 1988..no older than 85 though. I'm subscribing to this, and when I get my truck I will surely want to do somthing...i know i will want to go wheelin!!

GO TOYOTA!
Old 06-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Contributing Member

Howdy, I've posted a little. I've got an 1988 4Runner. The motor comes homes Monday, and after painting, should be in after a few days/nights of drying! I'm a noobie to wheeling but I think I've got the hang of it from driving my friends Cherokee and my Uncle's F150. I'm body lifted 1" and I'm going to put on 33's once the motor is back in. I really can't wait to go wheeling with some local people! Count me in for CA4ROC!!!!!! I'm NorCal, and I can go basically as far as Sac to the North and San Jose to the South for group meetings this summer.... but in August I move to Santa Cruz for school which will limit me a little in time and distance to travel, etc. Let me know where I can get a sticker and let me know if you need any more info about my truck!

Happy Wheelin,
Steve

EDIT: Oh, by the way. I can do some web design stuff.... anything from graphics to scripting.... but don't expect it to be really great. I will offer my time if needed though!

Last edited by JoKEpLaYeR; 06-16-2004 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:51 PM

I want a sticker too!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 01:32 PM

Hi from Agoura Hills, SoCal, to all you CA guys and gals.

Cheers
Mark
Old 07-21-2004, 02:00 PM
Contributing Member

Howdy from NorCal!

Quick Reply: CA4ROC - sign in