93-98 T100s All T100 trucks

How much is my T100 lifted?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much is my T100 lifted?

I just bought my T100 back in November and now need to replace all the shocks. I'm trying to figure out how high the the truck is lifted in order to purchase the correct length shocks. Can anyone tell me the distance from the center of the axle to the arch of the fender front and back (at factory height)? Or maybe someone is familiar enough with these trucks to look at a picture and tell me how lifted it is. The truck is on 33" tires. Thanks for your help.

-Ryan
Old 03-15-2017, 11:27 PM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Mine looks fairly close to the same and it's the factory height on 32's. Look at your front ball joints etc to see if any spacers are installed. Their length is your suspension lift. If none, then check the body mounts for spacers between the frame and cab/box, again the thickness of the spacer would be the height of the body lift. Also yes I know your truck looks better than mine lol.
Attached Thumbnails How much is my T100 lifted?-dscn3953.jpg  
Old 03-16-2017, 08:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can grab you some measurements later tonight but I agree with ATCFIXER, it looks stock, maybe with a BJ spacer or torsion bars cranked a little to level it.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:39 AM

Thanks for the response guys.

No ball joint spacers, body spacers, or shackle lift. I remember the previous owner telling me he cranked the torsion bars some amount. Unsure if anything was done to the rear like a new leaf pack. It looks like there is a bit more fender gap on my truck than yours.

Either way it sounds like my truck can't be lifted too much and I can probably get away with a stock length shock.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:32 PM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Not sure where you're located , but I assume up north if the photo is current. If you're looking to lift it for more ability, I'd suggest testing out what you have to know what it can do. If you're going for looks than I can't really suggest much, I'm a function over looks type of person. Just think if it was a chevy, you'd need a good 6+ inch suspension lift to match the toyota factory height because the center frame dips down so far. I've basically never bottomed out on anything, only axles, and that's only really fixed with tire size, or super expensive drop axles like a unimog (photo below).

Old 03-17-2017, 10:22 AM

I'm not looking to lift it any more than it already is. I've got plenty of clearance for where I drive. In fact, if I didn't have 33" tires on there I would probably drop it back to factory height.

I was absolutlely wrong about the lift. I found about a 2-3" upper ball joint spacer and an add a leaf in the rear. I'm going to go with Bilstein 5100s (24-185745 front and 24-185752 rear). Thanks for the help guys.