General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taillight and blinker problems 02 runner

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taillight and blinker problems 02 runner

New to this forum. Changed out the right side taillight yesterday. I had trouble with blinker this AM. Right blinker worked, left was frozen on. Now this afternoon tried left turn signal and the turn signal fuse blows. Replaced fuse and same thing when I use the left turn signal. Right blinker will work fine though until the fuse pops when using the left signal.

All of this seems related to the taillight being burned out and replaced. All the wired are fine there. No corrosion or disconnects int he taillamp assembly. But would the right taillight be connected to the left turn signal wiring?

I don't want to have to take this in if I do not have to. Thanks for your knowledge and advice....
Old 02-07-2009, 06:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Couple of things.....it could be unrelated that you change the taillight and then you start blowing fuses, but highly unlikely.

First, why did you change the tailight? Was there a wreck? MAybe a wire was pinched in the body because of a wreck.

Second, pull it back off. maybe you pinched a wire with a screw or something?????

Third, do you have trailer wiring that you did anything with while you were there. Check al that,

I have made many silly errors and didnt catch them the first time i looked for them after something went wrong. Go check again is what I would do.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Did you compare the bulbs side by side, and make sure they were the exact same? perhaps you installed the wrong bulb?