General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock 85 Pickup SR5 climate control and radio light not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock 85 Pickup SR5 climate control and radio light not working

Hello all,
I was driving at night and adjusted my dimmer knob. All the lights on the dash, climate control, and radio (stock toyota radio) went out. The dash gauges also went dead.

I replaced the fuse and the dash and climate control lights went back on. The stock radio backlight did not work. the radio still works but the back light does not work. (i didn't care for finding the problem at the time)

I decided to change my dash bulbs with the amber 194. Tested it and it worked. I decided to take out the green sleeve on the climate control stock bulb. As i replaced the bulb back in the climate control socket, it no longer worked. I tried a new bulb. Still nothing.

I checked the fuses again and found the brake light fuse was blown (I actually do not know when the fuse blown... maybe when my dimmer fuse blew?).

I changed the brake fuse and the brake lights work now.

All my lights in my dash, headlights, highbeams, overhead, brakes, are good. I swapped out the dimmer knob/switch to see if that was the problem. Still the same results.

The ONLY two things that are not working are the climate control light and my stock toyota radio backlight.

Anyone have an idea or experience with this? Thanks