General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help identifying these wires please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help identifying these wires please!

Hi All, I am close to having a '87 Turbo 4Runner I bought last summer up and running. I need some help identifying the wires in the pic below.
First pic two black wires with weird ends on them come out of the tranny housing but I dont know where they go.
2nd pic there is 4 misc wires. One is green with yellow stripe, one is green with black stripe and then there are two wires which look Orange. One has a red stripe and one has a black stripe. These 4 wires come out of the harness in between the two intakes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the wiring diagram from the FSM but just cant figure it out. Thank You very much!
This is the wiring harness on the passenger side by the starter and the oil filter. Pic taken is from looking thru the wheel well.
This is the wiring harness that is located on the front passenger side by the starter and oil filter below the intake.
These two wires come out of the transmission housing on the passenger side. Looks like previous owner pulled the wires out of the connector. This is an automatic transmission.

Last edited by sn22; 11-24-2016 at 06:41 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:43 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Being it is a Toyota it might have a swapped in engine and harness or parts of a harness spliced in

The two black wires if one is black and the other black with a white strip might be the Neutral start switch
Old 11-26-2016, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply, the two black wires are solid black.....I saw on the schematic what you are saying about the NSS but these are both solid black and the connector ends on them dont look like toyota. At this point its hard to say what the PO did......looks like some cutting and exploring on this harness is in order to identify what I have. Thanks again for the help.