General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Door Lock Control Receiver 2006 Tundra DC

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding Door Lock Control Receiver 2006 Tundra DC

I am a Mopar tech so I don't know the Toyota electronics thus I am here with a couple questions. I have a 2006 Tundra double cab that has power door locks but not remote keyless entry. I am looking into installing the factory Door Lock Control Receiver to add keyless entry. Are the Door Lock Control Receivers VIN locked or can a used one be installed? Will the BCM internal hardware support adding the module? Also how is the software configuration in the BCM handled? Can the configuration be changed or does it even need changed? If needs changed how can I do it, is it even possible? The Door Lock Control Receiver shows only four wires: B+, ground, PRG(to BCM), and RDA(to BCM). I am assuming the PRG is the output to the Door Lock Control Receiver to trigger programming mode and the RDA is a communication wire between BCM and Door Lock Control Receiver. I have attached the wiring schematic for the Door Lock Control Receiver along with the Door Lock Control Receiver options report. I would like to see if installing the factory RKE is possible before going with an aftermarket kit. Thanks for any help you can give.
Attached Thumbnails Adding Door Lock Control Receiver 2006 Tundra DC-2006.gif  
Attached Files