General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 DLX Need Headlight Multiswitch

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 04:43 PM
BFA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92 DLX Need Headlight Multiswitch

So I had the high beam not working problem Flash worked and high beam would sometimes work. I did the contact "filing" months ago and it worked... or it is better. Still doesn't seem like it's making good contact. Flick on high beam and sometimes ther is a delay. Or they work fine or they don't come on at all. Once they went dark, I flicked to low beam then back to high and they came on. Again, flash always works. The multiswitch is nearly $300. I don't want to buy used. But I'm not sure what to buy. On dealer part sites, the diagrams don't show a good picture of the switch. I also see "w tilt" sometimes. Mine has tilt but not on this switch. It has lights and turn sig on left knob and wipers on the right. Anybody know a part number or where to look to KNOW I'm getting the right part?
thanks.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:34 PM

Received 603 Likes on 441 Posts
Go to one of the factory parts sites and search using your your vin number.

Using the vin number should guarantee the correct part number.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:53 PM
BFA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Millball: point is....what am I looking for? Combination switch? Multiswitch? Looking at diagrams doesn't help for this either. They r so poorly done, the combo switches on the diagrams look like boxes, not switches with handles. Thanks for helping.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:31 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by BFA
Millball: point is....what am I looking for? Combination switch? Multiswitch? Looking at diagrams doesn't help for this either. They r so poorly done, the combo switches on the diagrams look like boxes, not switches with handles. Thanks for helping.
it's synomous IMO...like how some people call an ECU a brain box..