General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Why are 4runners so attractive?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are 4runners so attractive?

I love everything about my 4Runner. Even when it was stock I was in love with it. I just can't put my finger on what exactly pulls me to 4Runners. Why do you guys like yours?
Old 07-10-2007, 06:39 PM

It has a removable hard top, gets about 23 miles per gallon and the chicks love it!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:40 PM

they have saggy rear ends, that's why I like 'em
Old 07-10-2007, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 1995 4 runner 4x4 stock. I love the shape of it. Just all around, I love this rig.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:09 AM

i like cause there toyotas....
i like em cause they look great
and i like em cause i like

i dont know... oh heres one...thousands of aftermarket parts
Old 07-12-2007, 06:21 AM

So many reasons! I feel that throughout the years, the 4Runners (well, 1st through 3rd gen's) all have that somewhat simple look, but they still look really aggressive, even when bone stock! I could stare at my 4Runner all day!

Not to mention their great capabilities off-road! Nothing crazy but, I remember when my brother-in-law came up to visit me at school in Boone, he brought up his 02 Sport. I lived on a X-mas tree farm at the time at it had just dumped snow, so we decided to 4wheel through the farm. The initial hill was the steepest, almost like 35 degrees. That sucker didn't slip at all, even with Michelin LTX's!!!

You have to own one to know what its all about!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:30 AM
Contributing Member

First...an unbeatable TOYOTA reliability.

A wide variety of engines that can be put in them(Toyota diesels is what im talkin about)

Off Road capability stock from the factory

as long as a NEW FJ, .1 inch of ground clearance less than the NEW FJ(with 31" tires on the 4Runner that is and a stock FJ)

Great STRONG look

the some aftermarket pats look on it (like the snorkel or a Lund moon visor etc)
Old 07-12-2007, 06:35 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
what everyone else says
Old 07-12-2007, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im looking to buy a First gen because of the removable top. Im looking to buy a second gen because its agressive and sexy. Im not sure why i love the older toyotas soo much, but as a pickup driver (i know im a little off topic) everytime i walk by my truck, i give it a glance, and everytime i turn the key (and it starts) i smile. When i drive it, its fun. It handles pretty damn good for a truck.

I love how tall the older toyota's were and how capable they are from factory. I love how tough and tuff they are. They take a beating and still manage to look cool. I love when people say, "Nice Truck", even though its almost completely factory. I love how simple it is to drive. the instruments are simple and the controls at a reachable level. I love all the little squeaks rattles and creaks i get when i turn the wheel really sharp. I have, to date, never driven a truck that makes me smile like a toyota pickup. 4Runners, im sure its the same way, and i want to duplicate that feeling while being able to haul 5 people.

My biggest complaint (and its my fault for not waiting for a manual): Toyota's AutoTragic transmission they put behind the 3VZ-E. Can anyone say, blows balls?

My $.02
Old 07-12-2007, 06:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They're cool, practical, reliable, fun, simple, straight-forward in design, ubiquitous (esp third gens), chicks love em, relatively easy to work on, easy on gas tires brakes, and they look great. I like to remove the top from my first-gen on a nice day, and I like to drive the third-gen for comfort, I prefer my first-gen for off-roading.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:16 AM

I love mine because my wife doesn't.
I love the fact the it's a no frills rig.
I love mine because nobody but you guys (YotaTech) have them.
I love when I pull into the Toyota dealers lot or service bay with the top off and the young techs say "what the hell is that." Or the veteran techs say "how much would you sell it for?"
I think of my truck the same way I think of my trusty pocket knife.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:18 AM

Sometimes......when I'm sitting at my desk at work...........I write notes to my 4Runner.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by kcrunner
Sometimes......when I'm sitting at my desk at work...........I write notes to my 4Runner.
Man....I thought I was the only one!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:07 AM

there are many reasons why i am in love and basically obsessed with my truck. The lines and shape just continue to impress me, for an 80s truck it looks amazing. The fenders and front end look muscular and the rear end looks mean. When i was a kid i used to hate this truck riding around in it because of how old it was and how it was a 2 door but now its the total opposite haha. (This truck was my parents since new pretty much). Im not an attention whore or anything but i appreciate how people just stop me all the time and compliment my truck. Gas stations, lights, parking lots everything, it goes to show that i am doing something right. Currently im thinking about changing my euro lights back to stock to keep it more oldschool but im not sure yet. I'll be keeping this truck forever if i can, although a newer yota truck daily driver wont be a bad idea soon
Old 07-12-2007, 09:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i love mine, which i just picked up 4 mos ago, because with 200k on the clock the last thing on my mind is "will it last?"

oh yeah, and the top comes off~
Old 07-12-2007, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by co4rnr
It has a removable hard top...
mine doesnt

and yeah, what ^they said
Old 07-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
They are cheaper than a crack habit.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:23 PM

I have always loved 4runners My aunt had a 1st gen runner (88) that was and still is freakin awesome I got my first 4runner about 6 years ago. It was a 1995 limited (loved it) and then I made a stupid mistake and traded it in on a car (ya, I know, stupid) and then about a year after I traded it in for the Volvo I was really missin my runner So I traded the Volvo in on my current runner (01 limited) and I am in LOVE They are awesome vehicles that really hold their value and plus they last forever !! No matter how much crap you put them through they still get you where ever you need to go
Old 07-12-2007, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by bigtrucknwheels

My biggest complaint (and its my fault for not waiting for a manual): Toyota's AutoTragic transmission they put behind the 3VZ-E. Can anyone say, blows balls?

My $.02
I just blew my motor, and I had the tranny checked out while it was out. The shop owner (who I trust very much) said I have about another 30,000 miles left on it. So we decided that we are going to swap a manual into it. I am stoked. I was always kicking myself for building up an automatic.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:31 PM

it's like good women- won't treat u wrong. if there's something wrong there is always a cheap fix. motors rev hard and fast and with a little work and some sweat the top comes off. and every guy on the street stares as u drive by.

Quick Reply: Why are 4runners so attractive?