General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Valve cover sticker fabrication

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 09:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Valve cover sticker fabrication

I'm missing the sticker for my 20R and can't find anything online. Decided to make my own. Started with a photo online scaled to size in a photo editing program then printed a bunch out to experiment with.

Because she's over 40 that she's in her golden years and I've upgraded the color. I used metallic sharpies and a fine tip artist pen to outline the lettering. Right now its just paper and in the distant future I'm planning on making a metal plate and using real gold leaf to really make it shine. For now I just want to adhere the paper on the valve cover using some sort of inexpensive, easy to sand off adhesive and a way to protect the paper from grease. Can it be as simple as clear spray paint? How hot should I expect the valve covers to get. Any adhesive recommendations? could I just use clear coat as a simple glue, then spray another coat on top? I doesn't seem strong enough as an adhesive, but its just paper and porous.

Naturally because its a Toyota the first thing everyone asks me is "22R?" I'm hoping the sticker will at least slow them down a bit.