General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Upholstry - Interior

Old 01-14-2016, 10:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Upholstry - Interior

I was thinking of getting the seats and door panels redone and I need some ideas. Can everyone who has had their interiors redone can you please post pics?

Patterns, material used ect would be greatly appreciated. I did my interior with vinyl paint and I want to move to something a little more permanent and 'less ghetto'.

This is a long shot:
If someone knows where I can get the SR5 Vertigo material or knows an embroider who can replicate that, that would be awesome. I can incorporate that material into my seats/door panels.

Other than that, please post pics. i'd like to see what everyone has done. I need some ideas.

-Jack
Old 01-14-2016, 12:14 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I highly doubt you'll find someone making Toyota SR5 logo'd fabric from 30 years ago. I'd just talk with upholstery shops and see what's available these days that's closest to what you want, they'll have catalogs and swatches for you to take a look at.

PO redid the interior on my 75 hilux, he used some upholstery fabric he found online and just simply spray adhesived it to new door panels he made. Same with headliner. He did not do the seats - I wouldn't even know where to start at reupholstering my own seats with no template, that's some sewing skills way beyond anything I'd ever touch.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
A few years ago, I had a dealer that could get vertigo pattern. That computer that I had the information on crashed and I lost it. I do know the company was either in Washington or Oregon. I do remember it was not cheap at all but they did have it. I have tried to search for it again and have not found it.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:40 PM

Id knew it would be a long shot. It came up in a conversation a few weeks ago and it sounded like an idea.

Thanks guys.

Lets see some pics!
Old 01-14-2016, 08:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BK2TFUTURE
I was thinking of getting the seats and door panels redone and I need some ideas. Can everyone who has had their interiors redone can you please post pics?

Patterns, material used ect would be greatly appreciated. I did my interior with vinyl paint and I want to move to something a little more permanent and 'less ghetto'.

This is a long shot:
If someone knows where I can get the SR5 Vertigo mgxaterial or knows an embroider who can replicate that, that would be awesome. I can incorporate that material into my seats/door panels.

Other than that, please post pics. i'd like to see what everyone has done. I need some ideas.

-Jack
You sound like you want to stick with an original look, if you even know the name of the fabric? wow.

Did you look on eBay for used panels in better shape than your own?
I see nice ones in all three styles on there right now, for about $300 a pair. Not cheap, but definitely as original looking as possible.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:15 PM

Received 93 Likes on 65 Posts
A couple of years ago I was able to find the place Terry87 is talking about I think. It had OEM Toyota fabrics. No luck today but I found this post on ToyotaNation:

OEM Fabric
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/60...where-get.html
"An auto upholstery shop has access to what is called the Detroit Book. This book has oem fabric listed for all auto manufacturers by year and model of vehicle. Once you get the fabric identified the shop using its contacts can locate it for you. When I changed out my bench seats on my 96 T for bucket seats from 97/98 T, the rear jump seats and back support did not match. Close but not the same. I had the upholstery shop get the 97/98 fabric and they changed it out."
Old 01-27-2016, 01:01 PM

Hey Guys

I stopped by the shop again today to ask some more questions and to take a look at some samples. According to the guy, some material might not be available and it all depends if its still being made. There are some fabric stores I cant look at if there is anything there I might consider. A lot cheaper too vs his $90 per sq/yd.

The chairs and bench seat should not be a problem, however the head rest since it looks like a mold he'll have to spend some extra work wrapping leather around it and getting the shape to form.

The door panels are a different story. Since there is more going on, more time would have to be invested and more challenges. In the end it will look different, not 100%. So I want to see what others have done so I have an idea.

Color of choice
Grey and Black

Seats
1 pattern or 2 pattern

Panels
1 pattern or 2
As stock
Some stock
Match carpet pattern and little tray

Bench
Preferably to match the chair and or door panel

To think
Stock would equal more time, more money and more challenges.
Make all 1 pattern would be cheaper, plain looking and dull.

My idea was 2 patterns, black leather and some sort of grey that would also be on the seat and bench.

When I get home i'll post pics of the samples

This is my interior when I first painted it. It's starting to fade and difficult to touch up and risk overspray all over the place.