General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

My first "unstick me"

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first "unstick me"

I was sleeping great at 1:30 this morning when I get a call from a buddy that got his Ram charger stuck (2wd) after unsticking his drunk friends. It was in the middle of a ridiculous field with a massive pond to the right...where he got stuck. He's an intelligent guy, but his luck was against him tonight. So I get up and run across town into this field where there are so many deep ruts that I nose it in the ground once. Anyways, I finally made it to him. He'd been digging for about 3 hours, so I just hooked him up and pulled him right out in 4Low. I don't have any pics as I was more worried about avoiding the authorities. The irony was that his truck was 75 feet from a dark road that he couldn't see, though he could not have made it there anyways. I would love to say that it was my skill that helped, but it was all truck...I love it so much.

Caveat: Brush guards aren't useless, mine saved the nose of my truck for sure.

The time stamp is off on my computer....

Last edited by Spinnbait; 03-22-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:02 AM

congrats man!!! U must've been stoked on the way back home....
Old 03-26-2007, 08:57 AM

i cant wait till i get that call, pulled someone out in my wrx i used to have tho
Old 03-26-2007, 09:03 AM

tried to pull my buddys jeep out the other day when we went offroading, to no avail i couldnt get him out from the front...with the snow on the trail i couldnt get a bit of traction...i even gave it a rolling tug...tried to go around him on the trail, but it was just too thin, wound up having to call someone else, they pulled him out from the rear...its kinda funny tho that i made it thru no problem 3 or four times, and the first time he went thru he got stuck...i tried to tell him to stay left so he doesnt catch his from axle...next thing we know his fronts are spinning and hes a foot or so in mud and snow...
Old 03-26-2007, 09:31 AM

Well, I spent last night helping a buddy pull his Rubicon from the "claws" of Tellico. He had broke his front left trackbar,which then took out his front left brakeline and header(knocked a sweet hole in it),I was riding with a buddy in his Heep. My running joke was that we would be in a better situation if they did a toyota IFS swap hehe!! I kept saying that the IFS could handle it. Well we had been limping the thing out for about 30 min when this Black IFS Yota came crusin' up the trail like a champ. All I could do is nod my head and say yeah. Ends up my buddy lost a left u-joint,brakeline,trackbar,e-brake,header,two front shocks and a clutch at the least. That is without looking in to each problem. By the way Jeep ride like crap.
I've got to get a trail rig quick!