General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Mud Was Stolen!!!!! Nooooooo

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
ok well...mods deleted....so...BTT again to help him out!
Old 12-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a thought, Once I was windsurfin and lost my rig so I hired one of those sightseer planes (30$ 1/2hr) saw it laying on the sandy bottom so I got it back. What if we painted some kind of insignia on the roof of our yota's then we could do this afterwards if it was stolen....I know shut up stupid
Old 12-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by crackerjack
Just a thought, Once I was windsurfin and lost my rig so I hired one of those sightseer planes (30$ 1/2hr) saw it laying on the sandy bottom so I got it back. What if we painted some kind of insignia on the roof of our yota's then we could do this afterwards if it was stolen....I know shut up stupid
That be a crackerjack idea...

Actually, can't hurt, and might even work. Make it a flourescent orange.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:58 PM

AYE!!!!

For once the government does something for me other than shove more ish down my throat.

Got a phone call from the king county district attourney's office yesterday. The lady picked up and said she was from KCDA office, that it was a non emergency call and that she was looking for me.

She said that REALLLY fast. So all i hear is king county district attourny and looking for me.

Two thoughts come to head. Well this can either be a REALLLY BAD thing or its a REALLLY GOOD thing. I did not have anything between the two extremes figured. So anyways i get her to repeat herself a couple of times cause she was talking 100 freaking mph.

I acknowledged who i was and the lady asked if i wanted to recover my vehicle!!!!

YESSSS~!!!! There is a god!!

Anyhoo. The truck was recovered with minor cosmetic dmg.

Found a foot and a half long piece of surgical tubing though.... :/
I freaking knew it..... damned heroine addicts.

Oh well, no matter. My rig is back. Anyone have any pointers on wiring kill switches???

Thank you all for your help/support/prayers.

I may be one of the unluckiest bastards on this earth but apparently i am lucky as all hell when i neeed to be... :/

Peace out, keep up and one love.
-Matt
Old 12-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Glad you got it back now either put a kill switch in or just remove a fuse until you can wire one in.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Houston (home), Atlanta (school), Cincinnati (work)
awesome to hear you got it back. seems like there are an awful lot of posts like these in WA...
Old 12-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Take it and have an alarm installed as well. While it won't stop a "real" thief that wants your rig...it will stop the dope fiends and thrill jockeys looking for an easy rig to boost.

Glad to hear the gov't did some work for a change...although they probably just recovered it after some civic minded citizen reported it.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Contributing Member

Kill switch Kill switch Kill switch Kill switch!!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 02:55 PM

Put a kill switch on to the fuel pump circuit, and use a realy that if the switch is flipped and they hotwire it, provide power to the "on" circuit the horn goes off steady.. best bet.

Glad you got it back...
Old 12-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by AH64ID
Put a kill switch on to the fuel pump circuit, and use a realy that if the switch is flipped and they hotwire it, provide power to the "on" circuit the horn goes off steady.. best bet.

Glad you got it back...
i guess this would require some knowledge of hotwiring works...how does it work in the case of this relay?
Old 12-27-2006, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Glad to hear the gov't did some work for a change...although they probably just recovered it after some civic minded citizen reported it.
yep. Good old civic minded citizens.

Got to the rig and the battery didnt have the charge to start so he yarded me out with his 1 ton...

Next thing i do to mud is get him an alarm system. In the meantime i will work on the kill switch. Im going to have to get some wiring schematics tho.

I dont like having to deal with electrical stuff without knowing what im digging into... :/
Old 12-27-2006, 01:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
glad to hear you got it back in one piece and not burnt to a crisp or something else
Old 12-27-2006, 01:12 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
should get one of those grant steering wheel kits that allowed you to take the steering wheel off
Old 12-27-2006, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by drguitarum2005
i guess this would require some knowledge of hotwiring works...how does it work in the case of this relay?
AFIK they just bypass the key circuit and everything still powers the same, just thru wires touching, instead of a key moving a cylinder.. so you wire it to work with the key in the "on" position and it works when hotwired. The "on" circuit is required for the engine to run..
Old 12-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by AH64ID
AFIK they just bypass the key circuit and everything still powers the same, just thru wires touching, instead of a key moving a cylinder.. so you wire it to work with the key in the "on" position and it works when hotwired. The "on" circuit is required for the engine to run..
so how would a relay be able to differentiate between those wires being touched and the cylinder doing the "touching" (by being turned like normal)?
Old 12-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Elton
should get one of those grant steering wheel kits that allowed you to take the steering wheel off
a good car thief would know that it is in fact possible to put Vice grips on the column and drive it that way...

Not that I've ever done it.

lol.

I've driven old Mercedes parts cars around the compound up at the shop that way. lol.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:47 AM

well thats has to be the best x-mas present ever!!!. just pull the starter relay/fuse and that should do it!
Old 12-27-2006, 10:23 AM

just open the hatch under the rear left seat access the fuel pump wires and extend the ground through your cab under tha carpet to up under your dash somewhere ans put a switch on it. Works greta too for killing the fuel pump when running to depresurize the fuel system.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:05 AM

ive got an alarm, remote lock and remote starter kit coming soon it has an LCD pager too. It was only 110 bucks ill let you know how bad it is to install and if you interested i found it on ebay. im trying to prevent this happening to my rig my city is known for cars missing and being found all messed up on the other side of town
Old 12-27-2006, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
a good car thief would know that it is in fact possible to put Vice grips on the column and drive it that way...

Not that I've ever done it.

lol.

I've driven old Mercedes parts cars around the compound up at the shop that way. lol.
hahaha i did it one time after a rachet broke on me when i has reinstalled my wheel.
was going through a light and the wheel came off abought pooped myself grabbed a pair of vicegrips and drove the ford off the road into a guys yard where i reinstalled the wheel and used a good rachet for that.

Glad to see you got your truck back

Quick Reply: Mud Was Stolen!!!!! Nooooooo