General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Help needed with bull bar brackets

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help needed with bull bar brackets

Hi, does anybody recognise these brackets? I picked up this bull bar to fit my 1994 4Runner but the guy forgot to include the brackets. He then sent them to me via Hermes who managed to lose them so now I can't fit the bar.
If somebody recognises the brackets and can give me a part number, that would be great. Or if someone has the same brackets and can provide me with measurements then I can try and get some made up.
Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Help needed with bull bar brackets-26907217_10210381322946084_71322100993286855_n.jpg   Help needed with bull bar brackets-25487391_10210082142226753_6786756906485770055_o.jpg  
Old 02-03-2018, 01:27 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Take your bar and Vehicle go get some brackets made .

What brand bar is that ?/

The manufacture should have the correct brackets for your application
Old 02-03-2018, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by wyoming9
Take your bar and Vehicle go get some brackets made .

What brand bar is that ?/

The manufacture should have the correct brackets for your application
Thanks Wyoming9, I don't know who made the bar but it has a Toyota badge on it so I thought perhaps it might be OEM. I can't find a part number on it anywhere which I would have thought an OEM part would have. I was hoping I could trace it back from a part number to a fiche which might show the brackets but to no avail.
If someone can provide dimensions then I can get some brackets made up which would be easier and cheaper than handing someone the car and bar to measure up themselves and make, but it's a good suggestion, thank you.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:00 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by brassmonkey001
Thanks Wyoming9, I don't know who made the bar but it has a Toyota badge on it so I thought perhaps it might be OEM. I can't find a part number on it anywhere which I would have thought an OEM part would have. I was hoping I could trace it back from a part number to a fiche which might show the brackets but to no avail.
If someone can provide dimensions then I can get some brackets made up which would be easier and cheaper than handing someone the car and bar to measure up themselves and make, but it's a good suggestion, thank you.
Welcome to life with an old truck. Bro you gotta think outside the box. As I see it you can take the long shot of hoping to find someone who has this exact bull bar and generation rig; keep your fingers crossed they are willing to remove it to provide you with dimensions then reinstall it. You can measure distance of bar mount and frame mounts factor in width of material and make the mounts/pay to have them made, gonna be a bit of trial and error but that is part of the game, at least for me. Or find and pay someone up to the task.

Vendors and manufacturers come and most manufacturers do a run of a given product. Meaning they set up jigs to do multiple pieces it is only cost effective way to make price of item affordable. Think for Henry Ford made cars affordable by using an assembly line. So finding them to purchase may not be possible or be very long wait till they make another run on that bull bar. You might get lucky but might not.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:12 AM

Red face

It comes down to what you want to do.

Doing Fabrication for a living and now for fun.

If you find someone that can measure them give those measurements to a shop the margin for error is high enough they might not fit.

Measure something with two different brand tape measures see if it is the same

That was why I said give them the vehicle if you can`t do the work yourself
Old 02-03-2018, 01:40 PM

Yep, it looks like I'm going to have to get them made, but it never hurts to ask just in case someone had some kicking around!
I've emailed a couple of local fabricators to get an idea of costs, I'll see what they come back with.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:02 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
It comes down to what you want to do.

Doing Fabrication for a living and now for fun.

If you find someone that can measure them give those measurements to a shop the margin for error is high enough they might not fit.

Measure something with two different brand tape measures see if it is the same

That was why I said give them the vehicle if you can`t do the work yourself
Thats a good tip. I always use the same one to measure which is no biggie if its measure size to cut and measuring material to be cut. But a bit different when having cut off site. Thanks!!

Yep, it looks like I'm going to have to get them made, but it never hurts to ask just in case someone had some kicking around!
I've emailed a couple of local fabricators to get an idea of costs, I'll see what they come back with.
Thanks for the replies.
Really shouldn't be too much. Bull bars are more for show not function so brackets don't need to be beefy. I'd talk to them in person.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:34 PM

Red face

I bet you could get away with mounting it to the 4 bolts where the Front hooks are.

OP does this person you bought this bar from have pictures of it mounted ??
Old 02-04-2018, 02:25 AM

I bet you could get away with mounting it to the 4 bolts where the Front hooks are.

OP does this person you bought this bar from have pictures of it mounted ??
Do you mean 52441 & 52442? It won't bolt to them as the distance between the mounting points on the bull bar is about 6" wider than the distance between the hooks. From the looks of the brackets in my first post I assume it must also sit either higher or lower than the bolt holes on the hooks.

No, I don't think he has any pictures of it fitted but I shall ask just in case.

Good point about inaccuracy in tape measures, but if you get two different results, which one do you take as the right one?
Old 02-04-2018, 03:22 PM

Thanks for the replies.
it certainly doesn't hurt to ask! You'd be surprised at the number of bull bars, mangled beyond 'presentation' level.... piled up in the iron piles of America. At least in my part of the country. I'd bet there is an abandoned bull bar/grill guard for every 4X4 truck on the road. Unfortunately, I'm in a Toyota sparse neck of the woods. Good luck!!