General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Any one know any honest repair in OC

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any one know any honest repair in OC

Sorry to post out of forum but i wanted a lot of publicity.

Anyone know of a good mechanic in the area around Huntington Beach. I've got a mad oil leak and now my engine is fluttering when i accelerate. I dont think i can handle it any more. I just to take it somewhere i wont get ripped off.

Anyone know anyone?
Old 02-04-2009, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well if your somehwta mechanically inclined you could check a few things yourself. first what engine do you have. i know the 3.0l v6 a bit. they leak from valve covers rear main seal , cam seals, front crank seal, (i perosonally spun one) and to a lot of peoples misbelife not the oil pan gasket. look for oil leaks as high up on engine as you can see and thats uaully the spot, you may have to clean the engine somehow to find them. they have head gasket problems so by fluttering you mean when you give it gas it starts to either serge or shutter it could be head gasket. in that case check your oil and it should not be creamy and check the coolent it should be green unless you use orange or pink antifreeze. as for the 22re i believe it has same similiar problems but may not be correct. if you check these problems then you may get some sort of answer. and when did you do maintenace that could be another issue. otherwise i dont know the area but maybe that information will be of some help.