General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

93 toyota pickup 4x4 problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 toyota pickup 4x4 problem

i have a 93 toyota pickup Automatic 4x4 22re motor, truck runs great but check engine light comes on sometimes and my truck feels like it loses power. When i start off at a stop it feels like im in a higher gear until i get up to around 40mph then it feels fine. If i start off in first gear in takes off fine but when i shift to 2nd or drive truck almost dies. If i let truck sit for a couple hours check engine light goes off and everthing is fine again, this happens every couple weeks
Old 07-20-2017, 08:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
So have you checked for any stored codes yet?
Old 07-21-2017, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a friend check with his code reader and its throwing all kinds of codes but nothing specific to what would cause my problem.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:24 AM

Received 598 Likes on 438 Posts
Originally Posted by allan.selph
I had a friend check with his code reader and its throwing all kinds of codes but nothing specific to what would cause my problem.
Do you want help with your problem, or are you looking for a miracle??

Facts are the basis of reality. All kinds of codes?? Name them. You may have problems, stacked on others and multiplied.

Folks here would really like to help you.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:56 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by allan.selph
There is a diagnostic port to check for codes on your vehicle already, you have a OBD1 system. That code reader might as well be a brick.
If we are going to help you then you need to help us with some viable information.
You also will need a good FSM and a starting point to find the problems.
As millball said, "Facts are the basis of reality"