General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

3.0 won't accelerate

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3.0 won't accelerate

PLEASE HELP
i have a 95 4runner 3.0 new plugs wires cap and rotor mass sensor etc but the truck starts fine and idles fine but won't accelerate it dies and won't run stars right back but still won't accelerate
i was wonder if its the regulator or the pump and how to test the regulator i have no vacuum to the regulator i try sucking but won't make difference it like real hard to suck feel like its stuck anybody else have a problem like this or know a little about it please post back its driving me nut.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:50 PM

Accelerate or rev up, Is this an auto or stick?

The fuel pressure regulator vacuum is run to the red VSV on the passenger fender, Sometimes they get moisture in them and freeze,
Sometimes you can WD40 them free again.
You can also bypass the red VSV temporarly if need. (most people do)
Unless the fuel pressure regulator is botched you should be able to accelerate even with lower fuel pressure.

EGR, EGR VSV (Green VSV on passenger fender), EGR modulator and or all the vacuum hoses incorrectly hooked up)
By pass the vacuum hose going to the EGR dashpot for a quick test.

Timing, is timing set correctly and not overly retarded with the idle turned up. (Not thinking your a moron, just had to ask since I have seen it before)

Air Flow Meter signal not making it back to the ECU, Ohm out the wire harness.

If auto and wont accelerate ohm out the Throttle Position Sensor
http://htftp.offroadsz.com/marinhake...93throttle.pdf
Old 05-10-2017, 01:27 AM

Thank you for your respond It end up being the fuel pump not pumping the correct pressure the problem was occasionally so I wasn't sure it was the fuel pump and I didn't want to drop the tank so I ended up cutting a whole inside and plated after it was so much easier and if I ever have a problem I just race 4 screws off and done.
now I have the check engine and o/d light flashing continuously any advise you got I'll take it. it all happens after offroading and running in deep water.