Tips & Tricks Tips and tricks to make the site easier to use such as posting pictures, where to host them, and avatars

Auto trans gets super hot

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto trans gets super hot

Ok so I have a 94 Toyota pickuo 4x4 3.0 and my problem is the trans gets really hot. I've eliminated the cooler lines to radiator and added 2 after market trans coolers. I've changed the fluid 3 times and on 3rd time I changed filter. I have no problems in the shifting at all it just that it gets really hot. I dont abuse my truck or take it off roading. I don't smell any burnt fluid and the fluid is still nice and pink. Im thinking of adding a 3rd trans cooler but before i do im just wondering if you guys have any ideas to what could cause this. I do have a seal leaking which I will replace when I do another trans fluid change with Trans-X but that will be next week. I don't lose fluid that bad. I usually have to top it off every 2 to 3 months and that's not even half a bottle of ATF. Pls any Info will help.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:32 PM

Received 570 Likes on 449 Posts
Woah! Hang on there before you put 10 more transmission coolers on!

How do you know that the transmission is getting really hot?

Are your current transmission coolers located in an area for maximum airflow?

Old 11-15-2017, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto trams gets super hot

Yes I've mounted both trans coolers right in front of the condenser about inch and a half space from condenser. Yes it gets hot to the point where I feel it kinda burning my right leg from the heat. It's not from the exhaust because I checked it and the heat is coming from the trans. I've check the auto temp light and tested the bulb and it works.

Last edited by Kadi96915; 11-15-2017 at 12:29 AM.