Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Where does this vacuum line go?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where does this vacuum line go?

Hey, I just got a 95 4runner, 3.0 v6, 4x4. I have been trying to fix the little problems here and there and have been unable to find where this vacuum line should be going. I tried searching the forum and all around google and haven't been able to find where this vacuum line goes. On most vacuum diagrams this nipple doesn't seem to exist? The vacuum line/nipple in question is right on top of my intake. I was able to freeze a frame in a youtube video which showed this vacuum line looping back in front of the intake coming from the air filter, but there is no nipple on my intake where I could do that. If I plug the nipple while the motor is running, the engine itself will lower in RPM's and when I unplug the nipple with my finger, the RPM's come back up. Am I able to just plug this nipple with a cap, or should I be running the proper vacuum line to where it's supposed to be going?

http://imgur.com/a/kkvSV

Here is a picture, the red circle is the nipple I'm trying to explain. I apologize if my directions/explanation is poor. I'm trying to learn as I go along.

Thanks
Old 08-05-2017, 12:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I have always seen that port blocked off (capped).
Mine is also capped.

Last edited by ksti; 08-05-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:20 PM

That was gonna be my plan if I didn't get another answer, so I will just go ahead and cap it off. Thanks a ton!
Old 08-06-2017, 09:39 AM

This port doesn't even exist on my '91 pickup with the same engine (3VZE of course).
Old 08-06-2017, 04:08 PM

Yeah, that's kind of been my issue. I have seen plenty of vacuum diagrams and photos of engine bays but none that have that same port. I am going to take ksti's advice and just go ahead and cap it until I find out more information. Thanks!