Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Tire Size WITHOUT lifting??

Old 03-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you will rub with the 16x8 4" BS wheels and that tire size when you back up and turning at stock height...
Old 03-27-2006, 06:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ebbsnflows
Thanks for stating the obvious (ie. They SHOULD fit). No kidding. If you looked at the 5" gap in the 4Runner's wheel well, then a 32" Tire SHOULD fit too...but obviously they don't. I'd really rather not drop $1,000 on tires and wheels only to find out that even though they "should fit", they DON'T. Or to discover that I've got to rig up a fix using spacers and a power grinder.

And yes, I tried the search, not only on here, but on the "other" 4Runner forum as well as just a simple google search. Guess what? I found one single post (posted almost a year ago in 2005) where a gentleman named "Kenn" asked the exact same question. Guess what? No one answered his question either. Other than speculation, I got NOTHING DEFINITIVE. Not a single individual said, "I have 16 x 8's with a 4" BS and they fit perfectly without lifting". I got a bunch of speculation, and tons of guys with those wheel specs that HAVE LIFT (which I specifically ruled out in my original post).

But I appreciate the condescending remarks from everyone, and cute little "Blinking Search" icons. If only you guys would've spent an equal amount of time cutting and pasting an exact phrase (that according to you, is so simple to find) that states, "I run a 16x8" wheel w/a 4" BS on my stock suspended 4runner with no issues". Because even after all of the "encouraging posts" that I've read here, I changed the search string/criteria and I STILL CAN'T FIND A SINGLE POST that says without question/doubt and without phrases like "they might" or "they should" fit.

But again, thanks for all the encouragement. I mean, Wow, "search"...why didn't I think of that?
:cry:
Just search this questions gets asked millions of times.