Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Some questions about '00 4Runner

Old 06-27-2006, 03:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
good thinking man go find you a better one that is in much better shape for the same amount.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by petros
Just reading the Nevada DMV site, and it says it's not legal to sell Salvaged title cars, and all the guy needs to do is get the title changed over to Salvage Repair and we go from there. But at this point I'm just going to be in the market for a different one.
Honestly I'd look for a nice higher mileage 4runner on ebay/craigslist instead. Don't bother messing with salvage title vehicles, they usually come with big headaches and often require a ton of work to get looking nice again. Like I mentioned, if you are patient you can get some great deals without going the salvage route.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well since the deal is dead... here is a FYI...

My GF's 2000 Civic EX coupe got stolen two year ago from in front of my house... Sob's drove it about 6 miles away and stripped the system and wheels... Left the car on the ground in drive??? That's what the police report said...

Anyways... The insurance company fixed the vehicle, replaced the door locks, some dent repairs, new bumper, ignition, wiring, etc... system and wheels... Total came out to be $7000, shop marked up the system and wheels 20%.... Insurance paid it and we got the car back... BOTTOMLINE... no theft recovery title, not salvaged... I even checked carfax 6 months later and it is clean and clear....

It's going to take alot more than just a simple theft recovery for the insurance to salvage a vehicle...

Last edited by grimpy; 06-27-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well at this point I'm really glad the deal fell through, I don't want to be stuck with a piece of junk. Talked to some people and a.)Salvaged cars are worth half of original value, and b.)I can't get a loan on a salvaged title. Something about the whole deal was fishy all along though, the guy would never return my calls and messages, and I'd have to give it a couple of days before calling him back and there would be some excuse, and finally I got the title late and it's clear why there was some anticipation... But he was understanding why I wouldn't accept that. So now I'm looking hard for something, preferably in my area... Ebay cars are kind of risky, been there done that, unless it's local to actually look at it or have a close friend do the looking. Thanks again for the help.