Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

New Toyota Pickup

Old 04-30-2017, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Toyota Pickup

Hi Everyone, I'm still new here and just wanted to follow up with those who helped answer my questions on my last post as well as post a few pictures of the truck I went with. I ended up purchasing a 1986 - 4wd manual single cab Toyota pickup. It had a 22R engine with 122, 229 miles when I purchased it, new clutch, new water pump, new alternator, new back window, new bumper, and new tail pipe. The bed has rust along the sides so I've been considering replacing the bed and front fenders with fiberglass and then fixing the surface rust on the roof in the future once I am out of college. I plan to either repaint the truck the same cream color as it is now or blue with white "Toyota" lettering on the tailgate. It has a solid frame and has been undercoated as well.

I've replaced several things since I've purchased the truck in March, 2017.

New brakes
New brake lines
New brake calipers
New master cylinder
New oem 15x6 steel wheels
New 235 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires
New radiator/hoses/fluid
New oil/oil filter
New sway bar link
New thermostat/gasket
Fixed exhaust leak/gasket
Added power steering

In the near future I plan to get the A/C working, potentially look into replacing the solid back window for a sliding rear window, add window tint, and replacing the radio. I'll post pictures of the truck below, once again thank you for all your help and as always if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, please let me hear them!

Thank you all again!

The pup enjoys the truck

This is the blue I'm considering painting the truck in the future...
Old 04-30-2017, 11:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats! Lookin good and you got all the important stuff done. The dog is awesome too. I had a factory 86 that was that color. Color changes are a big project if done right. You could always think about a two tone to compliment your factory color so you dont have to paint jambs, engine compartment etc.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:22 PM

Hey!

Thank you, I'm enjoying it so far and I've actually considered doing a two tone color however I've never seen two tone trucks that had cream as the factory color. Do you know of any examples that you could share to get some ideas rolling?

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2017, 05:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe something like this. It's a first gen but a classic look.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:59 PM

Cool! Thank you for the example!

Search this Thread