Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 toyota pickup 2.4L

Hi everbody!
Im new to the forum. I'm from Ontario Canada. English is My third language so excuse any grammatical or languistic mistakes.
I have been doing a lot of reading on this forum and it helped me learn a lot about Toyota pickups.
I'm actually planning to buy one soon and i would like your opinion about the truck and what should I be looking for when I inspect it? I want to know also what is the Cons about this model which is 1991 Toyota Pickup DLX extended cab 2.4 engine 4 cylinder it had 182k km on it that all I know for now.
the seller is asking for 4588 CAD is that too much for the truck.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by paradox91; 04-22-2017 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:03 PM

Received 602 Likes on 441 Posts
Welcome!

A 1991 22re pickup is a good one. 182,000km is low if the machine has been well cared for, and not too rusty.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:11 PM

The 1991 pickup that you describe sounds like an excellent truck. If you are new to Toyota trucks the biggest thing I would be concerned with is rust. Look at the frame section that is right next to the gas tank, that usually rusts out first. Look to see if there is a rust hole in the cab at the bottom of the inner fender where it is welded to the firewall. As far as the pros and cons, the truck will be slow and not tow very much, but if it is in good shape it should be very reliable considering its age. If it is an automatic it will be even slower than a manual. Even if it is in stock configuration it will do pretty good off road. If it is in good shape that is a good price. I have a 1990 Toyota pickup 4 cylinder and I absolutely love it. I have owned it for 10 years. I wish it was an extended cab.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:16 PM

Thanks guy! Yes i will definitely be looking for rust. Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it
Old 04-22-2017, 08:38 PM

I forgot to mention that the truck has no accident clean car proof 2 previous owners. The schedule maintenance has been done by toyota dealership by at least first owner.
I'm really excited about it but i don't want my excitement to blind me.
the truck is manual and has no mods done to it. Everything is stock.
I'm planning eventually to put some mods on it to use it for both on and off road. This is another reason why I'm being extra cautious.