Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Moog CC255 coils

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moog CC255 coils

My '94 has the dreaded rear sag, thinking I'll just put new coils on it for now, until I get the money for a lift. My question is the Moog CC255 coils are priced around $75 is that for one or two springs?

Alternatively, what the cost on a set of Cruiser coils? For that matter what years and where do you get them (RockAuto doesn't seem to list springs for a '97 Land Cruiser)?
Old 10-10-2009, 09:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
typically springs are priced each and not by the pair.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:16 PM

The moog springs are sold as a pair

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOG-CC255/
Old 10-14-2009, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as far as i know the moog springs comes in pairs and yes they will help with the rear end sagg,with this coils it will be almost in level with the front end,if you want to get near perfect level you will need a pair of 1 inch or 1.5 inch coil spacers.those springs are good stuff and the more load you put in the truck they get stiffer.
check my mercury villager electric fan swap and bmw e36 fog lights for the front balance
Old 10-02-2010, 01:09 PM

First post here. Figured bringing this thread back to life was a good place to say my first howdy since this was the issue that brought me here.

Howdy.

My 93 4Runner has this saggy rear problem, while I use this a daily driver of sorts I am finally giving these coils some much needed attention. Picked up these Moog CC255 from Amazon for $60 shipped with Prime. They came coiled around each other in the box and messed up some of the black poly coating. I just so happened to have a can of yellow spray paint and decided to give them a make over.

I currently have a about a 3" difference from the front and the rear so these "should" level me out.

And yes, I replaced the rear shocks under a year ago when I had a tire blow out and wrap around the old shock.

I'll post before and afters once I get to installing them, should be soon if I can find a shop for cheap, otherwise I gotta wait a bit/help a buddy to clean out his garage I usually work in.

Fingers Crossed
Attached Thumbnails Moog CC255 coils-cc255.jpg  
Old 10-10-2010, 09:28 AM

Success! Installed these bad boys yesterday, took a little over an hour. Mainly because we were also watching Alabama lose, LOL. My friend's TV and beer fridge in the garage is an awesome combo.

Rented a pain in the ass strut compressor set from AutoZone for a fully refundable $53 (its all they had). Took chunks of the fancy yellow paint off but whatevs.

Basically just jacked the truck up, took the wheel off, detached the bottom of the shock and adjusted the compressors to fit the best way. Didnt want to take to much apart so the compressors weren't on both sides of the spring equally, maybe like thirds. Made it a bitch but got it done. Only real tip I have is to watch out for the brake lines on the axle, the center bolt from the compressors put some nicks in it but with out paying attention we could have pinched it.

There is a noticable difference in leveling, but I think it still looks about an inch or so short of where it should be. Handling wise, a few gains. High speed turns feel tighter and the nose doesn't dive nearly as much as it did at fast stops. I'd say this was an over all win and worth it.

1st photo is before.

2nd photo is just a side by side comparison of the Moog and Factory. Factory was lighter in weight as well as shorter like most have said.

3rd photo is after. Didn't get out quite as early as I wanted and missed the good sun angle, but I think it shows an improvement although not perfect.

I hope this helps some of you with this saggy rear problem make some decisions. Thanks for reading and let me know what you think!

Last edited by Slobadon; 10-10-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:29 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread but how have these springs held up? Some people really seem to like them and others not so much.