Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Which lift kit for T-100? (Superlift,

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which lift kit for T-100? (Superlift, ProComp, TC, etc.)

I'm new to modding trucks. I've had this T100 since 1996 and I'm sick of looking at it so I've decided to do a nice little lift on it. I googled up these two kits:

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/toyota4_T100.htm

Elsewhere searching this forum I've seen ProComp mentioned.

Anyone have any experience with these on the T-100, or general opinions about the relative goodness of the three firms / kits.

Thanks!

Last edited by DrZero; 06-15-2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Title was messed up.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:24 AM

I've also looked at the Total Chaos kit. From what I can tell that kit is only for the front wheels and requires modification of the axels. It seems quite involved, but also probably very nice once set up. I certainly DO want to keep the 4WD function of my truck. Some of their products require removing the front diff.

I'm still hoping that someone with more knowledge answers this post, but so far it's gone unanswered.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you wanting to do with it? Mud rocks, Mall lot or car shows? Makes a big difference in what people will recommend for it. I would Straight Axle that thing and be good to go. but that's just me.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:31 AM

Received 301 Likes on 207 Posts
I like tlsskinks idea. You could go along way with BJ spacers and an AAL.

Also agree, we need to know what you plan on doing with it.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:51 PM

What kinda wheeling:

1. I'm sick of all the Jeeps around here w/ 35's and me with Toyota's Awesome but Unknown Gem of 4WDs (T-100) being restricted to 31's. (The parking lot at my large apartment complex has about 4 or 5 modded jeeps in it. The shop where I go to get stuff done to my truck has a bunch of Toyota PU's with 33's on 'em.)

2. Much of my off-roading is done in Eastern Oregon in the desert. This is basically rock strewn washes that go forever. Washouts, sandy stuff going to deep sandy stuff, dry lakes, not-quite-dry lakes which are tank traps (now have winch for pulling the unsuspecting out), etc.

3. Rest is woods trails in the Cascade range. Fire roads, etc. The trails go to the truly stupid experts only stuff often tackled by "truggies" which are a local speciality. Most of the Truggy's started life as 'Yota pickups. (First Gen seems most popular).

4. Try to get higher in the mountains than the snow line, in May, June (and these year obviously July and maybe August if it keeps up this way).

From what I have been able to find out the ProComp kit is out of production and also not in stock at anywhere I was able to check.

As I mentioned above the TC kit is sweet, but very involved and requires new axles, etc. A bit more than I wanted to do.

So, I'm going with the Superlift kit.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:16 PM

you could do bj spacers and a BL. and fit 35s under there.
But you could also throw a big costly lift on it.

Eastern oregon huh? ive spent some time there. lived in burns.
Done alot of camping on hart mountain.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:45 PM

DRZERO.. What ever happened with this?
Old 05-07-2015, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by 86bedlesstoy
DRZERO.. What ever happened with this?
Wow, thanks for asking. I put the kit in a couple years ago. The front Superlift kit is really nice, the rear was sort of an afterthought, just big blocks.

I put 35x13 Toyo mud-terrain tires on it, and the rear axle housing cracked. I replaced the rear axle housing with a custom one by Diamond in Colorado, and replaced the drive shaft (which had a universal joint in it) with a solid one made my a local company.

A friend totally redid the rear suspension, adding a leaf to get the right ride height and changing the locations the shocks bolt to. It rides much better than stock now.

While I was at it I changed the gears in the pumpkins, added front and rear air-lockers, and a hidden under the bed winch, new seats and a custom rear bumper.

Here's a couple quick shots of it in action in the Cascade Mountains of SW Washington, where I live and in the shop.

Rear end being fabbed. The red thing is an air-tank mounted under the bed <br/><br/>

When I have a second I'll go do a proper foto-shoot and put it up for eveyone. I should be way more proud of it than I am, it was a huge task. I learned a lot and love the truck now that it's done, but if I knew what a pain it was going to be I might have done something else.