Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

3VZE Opened Radiator/Disconnected Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 3VZE Opened Radiator/Disconnected Intake Manifold

I was replacing 3VZE valve cover gaskets on a 94 4Runner and admittedly did something very stupid. The boys came over and I had a few too many beers while working. I still had the intake manifold pulled to the side and disconnected. I also had a head gasket sealer additive that didn't require a full flush that I was going to throw in as a little preventative maintenance. For some reason I decided that I'd do that quickly while the intake manifold was still off. When I opened up the radiator cap about 6-8oz of a clear or milky fluid rushed out and dripped down the side of the transmission. I threw a (dirty) pan under real quick and the fluid stopped when I closed the radiator cap. I was surprised to find that when I was connecting all my hoses back up none of them were wet or seemed to be the hose that dumped all the fluid.

Im guessing I should do a full coolant flush now to be on the safe side, but I'm really interested to know if anyone has any idea what I did or what the mystery fluid could have been.