86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Zuk Mod Installed.......w/o any modifications

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes you just cant fix stupid.

I guess that broke the silence pretty loud.

My advice is null and void when it falls upon deaf ears.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I still really enjoy mine and I've gone into the mountains a few times and loaded that thing down with fire wood and wheeled it back home.

Last edited by Junkers88; 01-08-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:20 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Engh....I really tend to steer away from debates or arguments, but sometimes....

In this case, I was just peeved that someone comes on with a valid concern, but continued to argue, and even chide and call ignorance when it was not necessary, despite assurance from persons with hands on knowledge and verifiable testimony. It's just plain freakin' arrogant. Not that I'm a golden boy, but I'm also not stupid.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Junkers88
I still really enjoy mine and I've gone into the mountains a few times and loaded that thing down with fire wood and wheeled it back home.

Ignore the ignorant that seem to think this isn't a good idea, let them eat cake.
Notice the link to your thread you did this properly.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by yotAddiction
Sometimes you just cant fix stupid.

I guess that broke the silence pretty loud.

My advice is null and void when it falls upon deaf ears.
Stupid?

You have the deaf ear, brother. Your advice was heard, but also debated. A stupid person would merely take your word for it because you theoretically say so. A smart person would debate you with evidence to the contrary.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:32 PM

You win.

That's a really awesome idea.

You should post it up on Pirate 4x4 under the Toyota forum. I think they'd love to see this modification, as I do not think they have heard it before.

It's a great idea, really.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by 89silverpu
Properly? I won't argue Junker did it very well. But, properly?

Now, why would a man.....who's smart, experienced, honest, and the progenitor of this particular mod = Zuk....support the particular way MattK, or any others who've done it similarly, has chosen to apply this mod? Probably because he knows there's NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. I swear....Zuk has so much more experience off the road and with vehicle modification than you fellas. If anyone has had any problems with this particular set up, he would've most certainly made notification and warning on his website. He is a definite advocate for safety and vehicle functionality. Go ahead and ask him. He's a nice guy. And, apparently psychic. Not sure if he's terribly keen on debating, though. Hm.....
Old 01-08-2009, 05:42 PM

You win.

You should post it up on Pirate 4x4 under the Toyota forum. I think they'd love to see this modification, as I do not think they have heard it before.

Yeah I wouldn't venture near Pirate. Some of those folks are mean.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:44 PM

You win.

How genuinely and creatively smug of you. I don't think I've ever heard of Pirate 4x4, though.

Oh wait....isn't that the site where you have maybe a handful of actual gentlemen and then another lot that get there rocks off and egos boosted by bashing other people's character?

Won't work with me. Try it on someone else who might find you even remotely witty and charming.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Junkers88
Yeah I wouldn't venture near Pirate. Some of those folks are mean.
Oh come on now. You guys are correct in saying that this is a "proper mod." Why not show that off a little? Why would they be mean?

No sense in being selfish.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by thook
How genuinely and creatively smug of you. I don't think I've ever heard of Pirate 4x4, though.

Oh wait....isn't that the site where you have maybe a handful of actual gentlemen and then another lot that get there rocks off and egos boosted by bashing other people's character?

Won't work with me. Try it on someone else who might find you even remotely witty and charming.
You are correct, my kind sir. However, they only bash in a constructive way. They, like I, are not afraid to point out a ticking time bomb in order to save a life or two.

No sense in being scared. Put that stuff up man. Be sure to put up pictures of your overloaded red Runner, just for proof in case they do make a little noise. You know, for good measure and things of that like!
Old 01-08-2009, 05:49 PM

Yeah!! Linky for me! That was one of the easiest mods I've done and gained me a heck of a lot of load capacity and a better ride.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:50 PM

Properly? I won't argue Junker did it very well. But, properly?

Now, why would a man.....who's smart, experienced, honest, and the progenitor of this particular mod = Zuk....support the particular way MattK, or any others who've done it similarly, has chosen to apply this mod? Probably because he knows there's NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. I swear....Zuk has so much more experience off the road and with vehicle modification than you fellas. If anyone has had any problems with this particular set up, he would've most certainly made notification and warning on his website. He is a definite advocate for safety and vehicle functionality. Go ahead and ask him. He's a nice guy. And, apparently psychic. Not sure if he's terribly keen on debating, though. Hm.....
you are really enjoying arguing aren't you? No one brought up the intelligence of Zuk. I understand that you believe that this modification is perfectly safe. I personally will not do this when it comes time for me to lift my truck or replace the springs. Enjoy your truck, do what you want with it.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:54 PM

Oh come on now. You guys are correct in saying that this is a "proper mod." Why not show that off a little? Why would they be mean?

*laugh* I used to cruise that place when I was still running Scouts. Some of the threads can get a little heated. I realized that wasn't really the place for me when I'd see someone post a simple question, usually a brand new 4x4 owner, and the locals would cuss, scream, send hateful pm's and basically run the new guy off with all the attitude. The little smilies shooting the finger made it seem a little more harsh than I wanted to deal with also.

Do you hang out there? If so feel free to post up the mod, you can link to the little build thread I wrote, and maybe one of those guys over there will have a suggestion that will help. Please remind them that this is not Pirate 4x4 though.

Last edited by Junkers88; 01-08-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:57 PM

You are correct, my kind sir. However, they only bash in a constructive way. They, like I, are not afraid to point out a ticking time bomb in order to save a life or two.

No sense in being scared. Put that stuff up man. Be sure to put up pictures of your overloaded red Runner, just for proof in case they do make a little noise. You know, for good measure and things of that like!
Keep digging, mate. You're not going to find the reaction you're looking for. That kind of nonsense is nothing more than a ridiculous display of arrogance. What you're suggesting is equivalent to throwing myself into a pit of crocodiles to show off my fit physique knowing full well all they are after is flesh. I don't want or need anyone's assurance or criticism of what I do and have done with my vehicle. But, why am I trying to explain to you? You're getting your rocks off waiting to come. Only....boohoo...you're impotent.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:01 PM

Junkers, put it up man. People will want to see this!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:04 PM

you are really enjoying arguing aren't you? No one brought up the intelligence of Zuk. I understand that you believe that this modification is perfectly safe. I personally will not do this when it comes time for me to lift my truck or replace the springs. Enjoy your truck, do what you want with it.
Actually, I guess I am. Needed a little stimulating conversation this evening.

No one did bring it up, but me. Only to exemplify the effectiveness of the mod. It is not my belief in it. It is my experience.

Obviously you are not going to do this modification, nor will yotaddiction. My point is certainly not to sway you or him on your choice. Rather, I will stand where I am when and where claims of stupidity and ignorance are made. It's a damn good, inexpensive mod.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:07 PM

Still, you have yet to provide any instance where the mod performed this way has failed. Come on.....prove it.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:09 PM

I thought I already agreed with you guys that this "mod" was completely safe. I just want you guys to spread the wealth on the information superhighway.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:09 PM

Actually, I guess I am. Needed a little stimulating conversation this evening.

No one did bring it up, but me. Only to exemplify the effectiveness of the mod. It is not my belief in it. It is my experience.

Obviously you are not going to do this modification, nor will yotaddiction. My point is certainly not to sway you or him on your choice. Rather, I will stand where I am when and where claims of stupidity and ignorance are made. It's a damn good, inexpensive mod.

Quick Reply: Zuk Mod Installed.......w/o any modifications