86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

wrong alternator by Mr Alternator

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wrong alternator by Mr Alternator

i checked out Mr Alternator on yotatech and saw some good and some bad reviews. well i purchsed it a month ago today, i reveiced it on 6/27/06. well last night i tried puting it in and here is what i noticed.

this is my alternator

this is mr alternators one

it looks like i'm holding it wrong but thats not the case, the plug and power point are on the wrong side. when my stock alternator is in the wireing faces away from the engine, Mr alternator product faces toward the engine. (it wont fit at all, hits the engine it self) so i called, i said it does not fit they said it does. so i UPS'ed it back. i paid for it and will wait till they get it. i hope i can just get my money back and i'll eat the shipping cost for not know how they do business. what do you guys think. i ordered this

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/alternator/

great service and a lot of info from MOBI, they will send me a stator so that i get it tomarrow and gave me info to a local alternator shop who will get me some brush holders. this will help out the old tired 60AMP alternator and give it a good 90AMP. man i hope this goes smooth
Old 07-01-2006, 03:38 AM
Contributing Member

take a look around your area for a starter/alternator shop, i had my stock 60 amp modified to 160 or so amps in preparation for other mods im working on. it may take some digging to find a good shop but its worth it.

lee
Old 07-01-2006, 03:43 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
I ALWAYS try to buy local first for your exact reason...FREE shipping.

Saves a lot of headaches in the long run if you have to return something, whether an honest mistake or not.

I would have picked up the phone and called them to find out what was going on and had them ship me the "correct" one perhaps or a shipping label...at least talked to them first.

Good luck.

Old 07-01-2006, 05:18 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by waskillywabbit

I would have picked up the phone and called them to find out what was going on and had them ship me the "correct" one perhaps or a shipping label...at least talked to them first.

Good luck.

X2! I've gotten a few radiators that didn't fit and always got a pre-paid shipping label for the return. Don't ship it on your dime for their mistake
Old 07-01-2006, 05:27 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by funrunner91
what do you guys think. i ordered this

great service and a lot of info from MOBI, they will send me a stator so that i get it tomarrow and gave me info to a local alternator shop who will get me some brush holders. this will help out the old tired 60AMP alternator and give it a good 90AMP. man i hope this goes smooth
Looks like a lot of work there. Bill Morgan is a rocket scientist IIRC
Old 07-01-2006, 09:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i checked out Mr Alternator on yotatech and saw some good and some bad reviews. well i purchsed it a month ago today, i reveiced it on 6/27/06. well last night i tried puting it in and here is what i noticed.

this is my alternator

this is mr alternators one

it looks like i'm holding it wrong but thats not the case, the plug and power point are on the wrong side. when my stock alternator is in the wireing faces away from the engine, Mr alternator product faces toward the engine. (it wont fit at all, hits the engine it self) so i called, i said it does not fit they said it does. so i UPS'ed it back. i paid for it and will wait till they get it. i hope i can just get my money back and i'll eat the shipping cost for not know how they do business. what do you guys think. i ordered this

I hate to say it but you are probably going to get screwed big time. You absolutely cannot ship a company a product back without an RA number, much less on your dime. I've done a LOT of shipping to and from manufacturers for warrenty issues and you have to get the RA. Otherwise, at absolute best you get it shipped right back at you COD. At worst, you get nothing back at all and loose all $$ and product. Sucks but that's life.

If you do get it back or if a miracle happens and they call you, dont hold your breath, they may have shipped you an alt from a 22re or 3vze or vice versa of what you actually needed. Or it could be the alt from a different toyota.

But yea NEVER NEVER NEVER send a company product without an R/A number....

Old 07-01-2006, 09:56 AM

i called them and they told me to send it back on my dime. i have a ups tracking number and if they say they dont have it i can call UPS damage control and they will send a rep out to talk to the person whom signed for the shipment, i use to work for UPS in all different depts i know their procedures. i really hope they will be honest and i dont have to come to that. hopefuly today my shipment comes in from bill today, i got my brush holder and i'm just waiting on my 90AMP stator. i'll post pics, i hope it's easy enough.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Contributing Member

i called them and they told me to send it back on my dime.
I wonder if that's because you are wanting your money back instead of an exchange. If not, that is not a good company to deal with, they send you the wrong part and you have to pay extra because of that.

hopefuly today my shipment comes in from bill today, i got my brush holder and i'm just waiting on my 90AMP stator. i'll post pics, i hope it's easy enough.
Well at least you have a great write-up, Bill knows his stuff. Yeah pics please
Old 07-01-2006, 03:15 PM

well it's 4pm my time, i guess my stator will not come in the us mail today. at least i got my battery in and wireing upgraded.

Old 07-01-2006, 04:40 PM

well it's 4pm my time, i guess my stator will not come in the us mail today. At least i got my battery in and wireing upgraded.

my god man that engine compartment is a mess!@
Old 07-01-2006, 09:39 PM

it might be a good idea to smear some dielectric grease on those battery posts, it makes for a great connection and i think it helps reduce corrosion.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah you should definintly need the dieelectric grease to go in with or esle in the long run it will create corrosion and you will loose ground, on mine it did create corrosion on one of the ground so my fusses box inside the steering coloumn was having electrical circuit and I know that one of my ground is not connected so I went to look for the ground and find out that one of my ground has corrosion around it with green stuff on it so I use CRC electric cleaner and that dielectric grease on it and now that my fuses box has now calm without that annoying electrical problem, and it seem to help the truck run smoother too and yeah your engine compartment is a mess, CLEAN it...
Old 07-02-2006, 01:13 AM
Contributing Member

geez, do you ever clean you engine compartment? What i really want to know is why did you pay for Mr. Alternator's mistake??! What exactly happened with the return? From what i've read here (and other threads), they sound like a shaddy company that needs to be taught a lesson or two. I almost ordered from them in the past and now i'm glad i didn't.
Seriously, please give more info about your dealings with "mr alternator".
Old 07-02-2006, 04:34 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by yota_krazy
it might be a good idea to smear some dielectric grease on those battery posts, it makes for a great connection and i think it helps reduce corrosion.
I would be more worried about that fuse box without a lid and full of dirt and God only knows what else.

Last edited by mt_goat; 07-02-2006 at 04:35 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:17 AM

i had a bad wreck and it pushed my passenger side half way back, i've looked for a new fuse box but there is so much to change with it. it just gets dirty from the mud runs and stuff. she hold up just fine, in 2 years or so i'll give it to my brother
Old 07-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

thats a good looking engine bay, (except for the fuse bax) looks like he wheels it
Old 07-02-2006, 04:50 PM

ya i get it, my engine bay looks like hell. well my stator did come in yesterday, the mail man put it in the box after 4pm. so here it is and i'll start my install now.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Contributing Member

Cool
Old 07-02-2006, 10:51 PM

got it out,

time to open her up

new brush holder

some other stuff off

and now i'm stuck, how the heck do i get that out, the write up says knick it out, i'll try in the morning
Old 07-03-2006, 05:00 AM
Contributing Member

Can't see the pics on that last post.

Quick Reply: wrong alternator by Mr Alternator