86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

wrecked rolled totalled.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wrecked rolled totalled.

happened last night. was on my way home from a friends house at about 9pm, and went around a curve in the road a little fast, a wheel caught some grass and started to slide, tried to bring it back , it grabbed, went back across the road, into the ditch, which it jumped, and landed bout 30 ft in, caught in some soft mushy dirt and spun and flipped, then rolled and ended up drivers door down facing the way i came from. it was nasty.

im good, couple of little scratched, however the truck... it got owned. smashed up something aweful. i'll ahve to get pics of it up, but as of now i havent even seen it in the light of day. had to leave for school before the sun was up,. and didnt get it home till bout 11.

rly cool- when we flipped it back on its wheels, i got my keys, started her right up. lol. tell me toyotas aint tough. i loved my truck. a lot. i may have to move on though. very sad. may have some parts up for sale soon too. lol. gotta finance another vehicle, cause i rly cant do without. also, if possible keep an eye out for an old 4rnr or pickup around srq area for me. prefferable 4wd. lol.

will get some pics soon. just have to find a good digi camera cause mines a bum and doesnt work right. lol. thanks for all the heartfelt sympathy.

WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That sucks. glad your ok though. you can still stick with a yota
Old 08-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Contributing Member

I knows it shallow to ask, but where the pics!!!

Glad your alright, sucks about the truck though....
This is your chance to get you a 4WD rig though
Old 08-22-2007, 10:34 AM

well glad to hear you are ok.

sounds like you dont have insurance (at least not full coverage)

you should be able to part out the engine and stuff like bj spacers, etc. not to mention stock parts that are still in ok shape.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:38 AM

ive got full insurance. lots of that. i know cause i pay for it. but its pretty much beyond repair. its not pretty.

not shallow at all! lol. soon.

im deff stickin with yota if at all possible. truthfully, i think that its saved my life more than once. my rtuck was solid. i went over a patch of rocks upside down, and somehow the roof only collapsed in the middle. the front right wheels a little messed up ya know, and the tire poped.

I SHOULD GO FOR AN ALIGNMENT!!! lol. the lifetime alignment deal, i think i should take it in. lmao. can u fix this?_? -_^
Old 08-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Contributing Member

craigslist tampa bay area for toyota pickup

tons of older ones on there for decent prices.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:58 AM

Thank goodness you are ok
Old 08-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dijlop
I SHOULD GO FOR AN ALIGNMENT!!! lol. the lifetime alignment deal, i think i should take it in. lmao. can u fix this?_? -_^
I say go for it! a warrenty is a warrenty. [Just to see their reaction]
Glad to hear you came out ok. Another cheer for yota toughness!

Now on to biz.
I call dibs on the drivers side power win/lock mirror controls if you had them Centre console w/out heat? what condition?

Hope you find another one to love as much as the one that saved your bacon.
Prost Aviator
Old 08-22-2007, 11:14 AM

I feel your pain 100% and then some. It was a big slap in the face for me when I rolled mine. Sounds like yours was worse though. get another yota and go with a 4x4!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
woah! whats with everyone wrecking their trucks lately?

Glad to hear the yota protected you, I hope you can find a decent one for a good price 4x4 !
p.s pictures!!
Old 08-22-2007, 12:30 PM

lol. dang. i may just wait on the pics for a while and keep up the interest. jk. lol

anyways, it wasnt power anything. lol. everything is in great condition... umm. well. truthfully, theres a lot of stuff on this truck thats fine, but as far as parting it out and checking to see if the parts are useable and pricing them and yada yada, i just dont have the time. non-stop school and other teen life things... oiy.

however, if you are around me, i certainly would love to make some money off this. if u just need a part send me a message and we can try to set up a time for you to stop by and check it out. if someone wants the whole thing... fine by me. my only ideas are to get some sledges and charge a buck a pop or something. lol. maybe 5 bucks a minute for a small one, 10 for a big one. ya never know. could be fun. as of now i just need the cash, so...

i guess we'll ahve to wait and see what the parentals decide to do about all this too.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Contributing Member

Why dont you turn it into you rinsurance, and let them pay for it and get a new vehicle? They dont have to repair it, they'll just total it out (and you can buy it back to part out if you want) and cut you a check towards a new vehicle...
Old 08-22-2007, 01:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
deffinately let insuarance take it. just take all the goodies out first, cause you wont get extra money for those. then if you get a new yota you can drop em into the new one.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by dijlop
my only ideas are to get some sledges and charge a buck a pop or something. lol. maybe 5 bucks a minute for a small one, 10 for a big one. ya never know. could be fun. as of now i just need the cash, so...
Or when you get a 4x4, put her out in style and crush it! I guess it would have to be a really big heavy truck though...Maybe that's why you never see a Toyota as a crush car at the monster truck rallies....
Old 08-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Contributing Member

glad to hear you are ok, sorry to hear that your truck didnt make it. good luck in your search for a 4x4 replacement.

lee
Old 08-22-2007, 04:43 PM

wll, may end up with my dads old maxima while he gets a new to him car. insurance is going to total it. for sure.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:51 PM

i think we are all waiting on pictures...
Old 08-22-2007, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by seanz0rz
i think we are all waiting on pictures...
check pics of my baby. new post. mhm.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dealing With Insurance Companies

Your insurance company will try to give you "Blue Book" for you vehicle. If you check around, you will find that they sell for much more than blue book. Also, check www.Ridesafely.com for salvage auction prices. A Toyota 4WD truck will salvage auction for about the blue book value that the insurance company will offer you. In essence, they net out at no cost to themselves after they auction the wrecked vehicle.

You have to be persistent with these aholes, get your facts on actual resale and salvage values, and be ready to file a small claims action ( usually up to $5,000, may vary in your area) based on your data. Otherwise, you will be out several thousand dollars. Keep smiling and showing your data, you will win.

Good luck.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
He's got a couple of thread about this...here is the one with pictures...
He got lucky!!
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...y-baby-123037/

Quick Reply: wrecked rolled totalled.