86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Who has the best STASH SPOT in their Truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by SpecialScottie
Ahaha this thread makes me laugh
lol, yeah, it brings back memories of some of my old friends back in high school...

key word there; "old" friends...

Old 05-17-2008, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SwampThing
Who said anything about drugs? Ever tried explaining that thong that turns up when your girlfriend is cleaning out the truck, which just happens not to be hers? You NEED a good stash spot you can dump something into in a hurry.

classic! only reason id hide my stuff behind the gauge cluster is cuz there were no screws holding the trim on.... that spot died once i found the screws for it. then. and why didnt i leave the stuff at home? cuz i couldnt smoke at home.. my mom would have stolen all my pot and smoked it herself!!!!! then would YELL at me for being a little stoner!!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:22 PM

My ash try allegedly holds my stash.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ozziesironmanoffroad

why didnt i leave the stuff at home? cuz i couldnt smoke at home.. my mom would have stolen all my pot and smoked it herself!!!!! then would YELL at me for being a little stoner!!
haha lol now thats messed up!
Old 05-18-2008, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well ive got an aftermarket steering wheel
think its a grant
i just pull out the horn button i keep my emergency money in there
Old 05-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Contributing Member

Well, for GREAT storage on a second gen 4Runner, in the Jack area under the rear seats or if you cut out the other side of the rear seats. it seems to me that not many people know that my old old 4Runner had folding seats/underseat jack location! There is so much room in a 4Runner for keeping secret money/weapons for safety! i have a hunting knife in my door pocket incase someone tries to jack my car while i'm in it. i also have another hunting knife in my glove box underneath alot of stuff. I also am looking into doing the extra underseat rear storage.

Along with an underseat security box passenger side.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a nice spot under my rear seats. Flip them up, remove the storage lid and wedge your "stuff" between storage containers.

Hehe... ever looked in a an empty front IFS diff?
Old 05-18-2008, 11:27 AM

Wow, the ifs diff. See ifs is good for something. LOL
Old 05-18-2008, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by toyotatom93
My ash try allegedly holds my stash.
yea.. ive never had a cop check there...
Old 05-18-2008, 12:52 PM

I guess this post is off topic, but since most of the replies are talking about hiding something from "them", I'll put my 2 cents in. Aside from hiding "something" that you don't want to be found, the most important thing regarding this topic is how to deal with the situations of search and the legalities of your civil rights. Most people consent away their rights very easily and quickly through intimidation or a series of confusing questions, which authorities are trained and experienced with. Every good American needs to know and exercise their rights, for if we don't, there is no reason to be living in the land of the free. Police know the ins and outs of what is legal, but consistently operate on the knowledge that most citizens DO NOT know, and they take advantage of it all the time.

Answering an officers interrogative questions WITH QUESTIONS OF YOUR OWN, such as "am I being detained?", "can I have my license back?, "am I under arrest?" will begin to signal to the officer that you know your rights.

Here are some YouTube videos on the subject:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b_Yffi0FXLI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MmW2tp7Vk9Q

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS and tell your friends to KNOW THEIR RIGHTS, because each day people's rights are being trampled on.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:19 PM

Haha! omg, this thread is hilarious!

tons of spots I would have never thought of, personally I just use my pockets or under my drivers seat...occasionally under the dash carpet but yeah...
Old 05-18-2008, 04:21 PM

Wouldn't have expected this to pop up here.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:20 PM

If you have power windows, there is a great hiding spot if you lift up the hard plastic piece that the window, door and mirror controls are in. Pry up the front and then slide it forward a bit.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 89OldBlue
If you have power windows, there is a great hiding spot if you lift up the hard plastic piece that the window, door and mirror controls are in. Pry up the front and then slide it forward a bit.
You beat me to it. Great spot, my cars been searched a number of times and never have they found anything.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:59 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
get yourself a locking truck box and keep your stuff in there. also keep it nice and packed with recovery/emergency items and you'll have everything you need. if it is some ultra stanky danky, it is outside of your cab in the wind and the cop won't get that 'blast' of air when they come to your window. i don't believe a cop can have you open locked compartments unless they have a warrant or something. if you DO have to open it, all they see is gear in a metal box that smells like wd40. if they pull a dog on you, you're probably screwed anyways.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:04 AM

if youve got the ultra stanky danky, put it in a baggie, then put the baggie in a prescription pill bottle, then put the bottle in a big can of coffee, and keep it in your toolbox with your recovery gear, along with sugar and nondairy creamer, so it looks like you go camping a lot. trust me that works. dogs do nothin with that
Old 05-19-2008, 07:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't travel with contraband, but I do know that a dog will find your stash no matter how carefully you hide it. Hiding the odor is really the key. Not being a total dipstick helps too.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:59 AM

exactly, and if its in coffee, dogs cant smell it. lol. but my days of smokin the wacckytabbaky are long gone
Old 05-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Banned

Sure they are! Hahaha JK man...

I can think of a few good stash spots on my truck, such as behind the viynl cover in your glovebox, or in your kick plates..
Old 05-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ozziesironmanoffroad
if youve got the ultra stanky danky, put it in a baggie, then put the baggie in a prescription pill bottle, then put the bottle in a big can of coffee, and keep it in your toolbox with your recovery gear, along with sugar and nondairy creamer, so it looks like you go camping a lot. trust me that works. dogs do nothin with that
I used to help train drug dogs on a volunteer basis, and we used almost that exact setup to train them...

Put "agent" in a baggie, put baggie in a film canister, put film canister in a ziplock, put ziplock in a full sized coffee can full of coffee. Most of the better dogs could find it, we would hide them under the seat of a car, line up 5 cars and run the dogs threw each one, often they could find the exact car and could indicate the exact spot where the can was hidden.

I don't doubt that you fooled some dogs with this method, but just so you know they now train for such a method and the dogs can still smell it.

On a side note, often times the dog can tell that you have the drugs in the car but can't find or stash. In this case I have seen what happens, you end up getting the car torn apart in the search... cops are usually worse at taking of trim than a car thief, so if you do get your car back, don't expect the trim to fit back together.

Why do people risk so much for this stuff? I don't get it, I could see if it was legal and you didn't get hassled for it, or if it would bring your dead kitten back to life or something, then maybe worth it.... but other than that, why not be high on life? It's free.

Quick Reply: Who has the best STASH SPOT in their Truck