86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What do u think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do u think?

I have a 85 x-cab, efi, 4x4 truck that i have been trying to find a solid rust free bed for. I have been looking for over a year and the other day I came across a short bed from an 86 2x4 truck. It is like the import style with the lip at the top. The truck is as rust free and dent free as a truck of this age could probably be without being brand new. I want the bed to be in good shape but I also want it to look good. I have searched the net near and far for pictures of anyone who has used this bed on a 4x4 truck and have come up with nothing. I do know that the bed is not flared out around the wheel wells and the wheel openings are slightly smaller by about an inch or so. The truck has about 4 inches of supsension lift and has 35-14.50 tires. I am wondering if the wheel well will have to be cut up in order to get enough tire clearance. If my measurements are correct I will have about 12 inches of clearance from the top of the tire to the top of the fenderwell opening with the truck sitting level. Does anyone have any information i need to know about or pics of someone who has done this with success. I am in desperate need of a bed and dont want to let this one get away if it will work on my truck. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
No need to double post https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f115...-think-161511/