86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

what do u guys think about this

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what do u guys think about this

ok so most of uk that i just cut my bed off of my truck so i found a step side bed off of a 98 ranger for 250 and i was thinking of mounting it on my toyota what do u guys think heres some pics of my truck and the ranger with the stepside im gunna use

a bed like this one

and heres mt truck what u think thanks

Old 05-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Contributing Member

looks like the filler tube is going to be on the wrong side. yes?
Old 05-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
that would be... different... but I don't know if I would want to put Ford parts on my Toyota, lol. I guess as long as it's just body panels, then fine.

There would be quite a bit of work involved more than likely; gas-fillup is on the wrong side and the wiring is gunna be fun. Not sure how that would look though; I mean the body lines through the center on each are kinda similar, but it may look funny if you don't get them lined up even with each other.

I'd get a photoshop guru to crop the bed onto your truck first before going through all that trouble to find out you don't like the way it looks.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:27 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trust me when I say this: It will not fit right and you will be trying to figure out how to make it even look decent.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The wiring would probably not be a big problem since the donor 'ranger' is a mazda thing with separate turn / brake lights.
The fuel fill may be a problem since the toyo lands about where the ranger wheel well is transitioning from away-from-frame to parallel to the frame (where the flare is). Some creative hose-running and such could fix that....

hate to say, I think the ranger step side is more work than it's worth, either asthetically or otherwise.

I'd rather see you fit a flatbed on top of, and as wide as, the frame and flare out some fenders around your wheels- old school chevy style.

Last edited by abecedarian; 05-25-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by DIHOWARD
looks like the filler tube is going to be on the wrong side. yes?
im not really worried about that i was gunna put a fuel cell in the bed anyway
Old 05-25-2008, 05:36 PM

I'd rather see you fit a flatbed on top of, and as wide as, the frame and flare out some fenders around your wheels- old school chevy style.
[/QUOTE]

that would be cool but i dont have the money or skills to do that
Old 05-25-2008, 05:38 PM

so now we're back to no bed, mud flaps and dually, right?

like I said, I know some people that could make you a great camping trailer, 5th wheel style, to pull up to the campgrounds....

Last edited by abecedarian; 05-25-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by abecedarian
so now we're back to no bed, mud flaps and dually, right?

like I said, I know some people that could make you a great camping trailer, 5th wheel style, to pull up to the campgrounds....
ive been thinking aout that i have found a old toyota box truck for 500 with a dually rearend witch would be sweet but the rear end is blown in it and idk what i would do with the rest after i took it out maybe scrap it and get some cash for it
Old 05-25-2008, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by 93rustedyota
ive been thinking aout that i have found a old toyota box truck for 500 with a dually rearend witch would be sweet but the rear end is blown in it and idk what i would do with the rest after i took it out maybe scrap it and get some cash for it
rustedyota mkII
Old 05-25-2008, 05:45 PM

rustedyota mkII
what do u mean by that?
Old 05-25-2008, 05:47 PM

just making a play on your 'name'- 93rustedyota
so the old box truck could be rustedyota mkII (mark 2)
Old 05-25-2008, 05:49 PM

just making a play on your 'name'- 93rustedyota
so the old box truck could be rustedyota mkII (mark 2)
ooo ok but what do u guys think about putting some mud tires on the dually rims lol
Old 05-25-2008, 05:51 PM

I have actually seen pictures of an 89 model that had a Ranger Sport stepside bed on it. It definitely looked different. If I remember right, the Ranger bed is about 1.5" wider on each side. You may want to check on that just to be sure, though.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gator
I have actually seen pictures of an 89 model that had a Ranger Sport stepside bed on it. It definitely looked different. If I remember right, the Ranger bed is about 1.5" wider on each side. You may want to check on that just to be sure, though.
do u recall were u saw them do u have a link thanks
Old 05-25-2008, 06:24 PM

i am trying to find the link. I ran across it when I was looking for my current ride about a year or so ago. I will definitely post it up if I find it.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Gator
i am trying to find the link. I ran across it when I was looking for my current ride about a year or so ago. I will definitely post it up if I find it.
ok thanks
Old 05-25-2008, 06:27 PM

more work than its worth. Im a auto body tech and its gonna be tough to get the middle body line to look even half way decent. nothing is gonna line up right. Youd have to get creative and maybe to some welding/home made bed mounts etc to get it to look ok. I say go for the flat bed look...more usefull too
Old 05-25-2008, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by MulletMan
more work than its worth. Im a auto body tech and its gonna be tough to get the middle body line to look even half way decent. nothing is gonna line up right. Youd have to get creative and maybe to some welding/home made bed mounts etc to get it to look ok. I say go for the flat bed look...more usefull too
ya but the thing is the ranger bed is made out of fiberglass and wont rot and i dont care if the body lines match up its a truck that im gunna take in the woods and get a cheap maco job done on it doesnt matter what it looks like i just want a bed thats not gunna rot out like my old one did and theres a old 87 toyota pickup around me with a step side on it and i think it looks awsome so i wanted to do it to myn + im putting 35's on this beast soon with a 2inch body lift and some suspension mods
Old 05-25-2008, 06:36 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 93rustedyota
ya but the thing is the ranger bed is made out of fiberglass and wont rot and i dont care if the body lines match up its a truck that im gunna take in the woods and get a cheap maco job done on it doesnt matter what it looks like i just want a bed thats not gunna rot out like my old one did and theres a old 87 toyota pickup around me with a step side on it and i think it looks awsome so i wanted to do it to myn + im putting 35's on this beast soon with a 2inch body lift and some suspension mods
Just wait till you do it, then you will see what the rest of us are talking about.

Quick Reply: what do u guys think about this