86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

what could cause this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question what could cause this?

just installed a weber 32/36. im now having some vaccum issues. i cant quite determine what is causing the leak. my symptoms are high idle stuttering idle (sounds like a train chugging by the tailpipe) and lots and lots of exhaust.

anyone know what vacuum line can cause this? it seems that i have everything plugged up except for the 2 pcv valves, and i tried plugging them with my fingers but nothing changed so im guessing its not them abut im not sure.

all help is appreciated and the sooner the better. my dad is whining at me to get my truck out of the garage

THANKS A TON

Parker
Old 01-15-2009, 07:10 PM

The Weber is extremely sensitive to fuel pressure, most critical at idle. I have a Holley regulator set at 2.7 psi, with a high volume Carter 4070 electric pump. My Weber idles smooth at this pressure, but at 4 psi it craps out bad. My guess is too high of fuel pressure.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:27 PM

so how can i tell if this is the case for sure? also fyi everything is stock. so if this is the problem do i need a fuel pump and regulator? if so how much will they cost me and where can i get them? thanks

Parker
Old 01-15-2009, 07:43 PM

Do you have any way to check the fuel pressure? I used the low pressure Holley regulator from Summit, ( I think it was 30 bucks), but you can probably get an inexpensive reg. at a parts store (less accurate, but still functional). What high pressure does is overcome the spring on the fuel needle, and it floods. I am not sure this is your problem, but it is common on a Weber.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:08 AM

i dont have a regulator. do the 87 toyotas have a mechanical or electric pump stock? but this sounds like it could be the problem because i am running VERY rich.

thanks i will go check out napa for a regulator