86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

timing belt tensioner roll pin

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
timing belt tensioner roll pin

I'm in the process of rebuilding my 3.0L V6 3VZ-E engine, I took the block and heads to a local machine shop to get the freezer plugs changed and get everything checked to make sure all is good. However as I'm putting it back together I'm at the point to put the timing belt on and I went to get the tensioner pulley on and noticed the roll pin is missing. My guess is when the machine shop took it out while cleaning and misplaced it or something. I'm going to call them to find out if they have any idea where it is, but if that doesn't work I'm going to have to get a new one. Does anyone know of a website or anywhere that would sell one?
Old 06-26-2010, 10:54 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
You might try Nix99. Look them up on the web or PM DeathCougar here on YT. He works there. Otherwise, there's the YT marketplace where people are parting out. Can't say what luck you'd have as I would think most would be selling the entire pulley. You never know, though. And, maybe someone else will have another/better suggestion.

Not much help, but atleast I've bumped it for ya...
Old 07-04-2010, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well funny story, i was getting ahead of myself and i had my dad out there tryin to have him help me figure out where it could be, two sets of eyes are better than one, right? well i start winding the timing belt where it's supposed to go and get the water pump on so that pulley is there and put the tensioner pulley up to see where it would fit and lo and behold there is the pin in the water pump! thanks for the suggestions though. i got the engine all rebuilt and put in the truck and everything hooked up and it started right up! no leaks and runs great.