86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Swap info

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swap info

So I have a 94 3.0 automatic 4wd pickup and want to do a 3.4 swap. I know being an automatic it kinda makes it a little more difficult but gotta keep it that way for the woman lol. Can someone just give me a list of parts I'll need. So far I've got the motor(of course) oil pan and the off road solutions harness. Please don't send me to another thread 😂
Old 07-09-2017, 11:30 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Since you don`t want to any research!!

Like read through the 3.4 swap section .

Best of luck in your swap.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Here

Originally Posted by Kasan Blake Shedd
So I have a 94 3.0 automatic 4wd pickup and want to do a 3.4 swap. I know being an automatic it kinda makes it a little more difficult but gotta keep it that way for the woman lol. Can someone just give me a list of parts I'll need. So far I've got the motor(of course) oil pan and the off road solutions harness. Please don't send me to another thread 😂
I did this swap a year ago. And its my dd. 3.4 from a 96 t100. To a 93 T100. If you have any questions reply to my comment and sorry about everyone else being a dick
Old 10-14-2017, 12:31 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tilikum102602
I did this swap a year ago. And its my dd. 3.4 from a 96 t100. To a 93 T100. If you have any questions reply to my comment and sorry about everyone else being a dick
Maybe you should read Rule # 15.

There is so much information on this swap if your willing to research.
With that, I highly agree with wyoming9.

Last edited by ksti; 10-14-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:22 AM

obviously I've tried to research. I have fairly good mechanic abilities. The motor was completely removed rebuilt in 4 hours but the problem I ran into is the hoses. I have a few I think I know where they go but a few I'm not sure about. I'll post the pics. I'm still trying to figure out where this guy goes but if you know that'll help
This one I honestly don't know
I know this one is a coolant hose but have no idea where it goes. I don't think I got all the parts when I bought the motor but still
I was pretty sure this is just the fuel line but I may be wrong.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:08 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
On the bottom one you think is a fuel line trace it. Does it go to a bank. Of injectors?
Old 11-13-2017, 07:41 AM

obviously I've tried to research. I have fairly good mechanic abilities. The motor was completely removed rebuilt in 4 hours but the problem I ran into is the hoses. I have a few I think I know where they go but a few I'm not sure about. I'll post the pics. I'm still trying to figure out where this guy goes but if you know that'll help
This one I honestly don't know
I know this one is a coolant hose but have no idea where it goes. I don't think I got all the parts when I bought the motor but still
I was pretty sure this is just the fuel line but I may be wrong.
I got you man i know these motors like the back of my hand. The first pic is the FPR hose, just plug it into any open vacuum port. Second pic is brake booster line. Third pic goes on throttle body om bottom
And the fourth pic is the return fuel line.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:14 AM

Also how did the rebulid go? I plan on doing my HG and main bearings when my HG goes out. Im betting they last to 450k since my 3.4 has 320k on it now and hasnt started leaking yet. Let me know if you need more info or help

Last edited by Tilikum102602; 11-13-2017 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Number was off
Old 11-13-2017, 08:18 AM

The third pic the long hose with the weird bend goes on the other side of the TB. ill take pics of mine when i get home for all them hoses. On these engines the hoses are fairly simple.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:55 PM

Thats the FPR( Fuel pressure Regulator Hose) i have it going to the port on the right. The hose on the end i have going to my power steering.
See the black hose with caution tape? Thats the brake booster hose
See that black hose under the TB with the U on it? Thats the hose that plugs into this side of the TB. ill post a few pics below to give you a better view

You can see it if you look hard enough.
Their ya go. Been DD this swap into my 93 T100 for a little over a year. Paint has held up good. I used rust stop from ace. Prevents rust and green is my color of choice. If you need more help let me know. Hopefully it all goes well.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:53 AM

That's the last one and the swap is getting started thanks giving
Thanks a lot Man really helped out a lot. And the rebuild was simple. I have a 3.slow in mine that I've rebuilt 3 times. So this was a cake walk. The only other question I have is one more hose. I had it where the long one plugged into the throttle body.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:25 AM

Thanks a lot Man really helped out a lot. And the rebuild was simple. I have a 3.slow in mine that I've rebuilt 3 times. So this was a cake walk. The only other question I have is one more hose. I had it where the long one plugged into the throttle body.

Np also what do you mean by rebulid it lol just HG? Anyways i recommend plugging that line since it goes to the pcv on the valve cover, if your not in cali just put a filter on the pcv. I took my pcv off and just have a filter. If you dont want to plug that hose, it just sucks in crankcase gas from the valve cover. I recommend just capping it off. Ill take a pic when i get home. Also what did u do when you rebulit it? Like new rings and bearings? Or just new head gasket and valves etc
Old 11-15-2017, 08:28 AM

Careful if you would had pluged that into that iac valve then coolant would br sucked into your intake. Also, since you have a hard time with the hoses, take pics of them all so i can make sure they in the right spot.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:56 PM

Careful if you would had pluged that into that iac valve then coolant would br sucked into your intake. Also, since you have a hard time with the hoses, take pics of them all so i can make sure they in the right spot.
thats what I thought it went to lol it just wasn't long enough to reach it. But it's all good it's never been started up since I had it. I bought it for 1000 bucks and didn't like the way it looked so I rebuilt it. Bearings gaskets valves the whole nine yards. Just didn't pay attention when I took it all apart lol now I've got to get all this Evap stuff set up and it'll be going in next Thursday. But I'll try to get some pics when I go back to the garage. Thanks for the help bud!
Old 11-15-2017, 04:04 PM

thats what I thought it went to lol it just wasn't long enough to reach it. But it's all good it's never been started up since I had it. I bought it for 1000 bucks and didn't like the way it looked so I rebuilt it. Bearings gaskets valves the whole nine yards. Just didn't pay attention when I took it all apart lol now I've got to get all this Evap stuff set up and it'll be going in next Thursday. But I'll try to get some pics when I go back to the garage. Thanks for the help bud!
Np i just want to help other 5vz owners lol. My dads T100 broke down tonight his fuel filter clogged. Thought it was funny because me and him both have t100s with 3.4s.

Yea man hope im helping a little. Let me know if you need any more help
Old 11-16-2017, 10:41 AM

Np i just want to help other 5vz owners lol. My dads T100 broke down tonight his fuel filter clogged. Thought it was funny because me and him both have t100s with 3.4s.

Yea man hope im helping a little. Let me know if you need any more help
The evap looks fairly simple so I should be good on that. It's gonna look good with that 3.4 under the hood
Old 11-17-2017, 05:42 PM

The evap looks fairly simple so I should be good on that. It's gonna look good with that 3.4 under the hood
Dang thats sick man. I love it. My truck aint nearly as cool but it also has a 3.4! They make winch bumpers for 3.4s so ill be buying one . nice rig. Heres mine
Got 17s from a 2016 4runner. A 3.4 i have had since 96, in search of a shell and soon to have cool real bumpers. Still your truck is way cooler