86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sunroof Deflector

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Sunroof Deflector

Just a question. I have a sunroof on my '92 and was wondering if it is worth while to get the "shield" (for lack of a better term) for it. It it like the vent visor, but for the sunroof. Does it actually do anything, where can I get it and how much does it cost. Does Ventvisor make it also? Thanks! :beaver:

-Ryan
Old 05-30-2002, 08:59 AM

It's kinda a subjective thing. I took mine off because if I am going to have a sun roof I want as much exposure as possible. The deflector blocked too much of the opening (stock Toyota one). And I like the wind blowing. It is also much easier to clean the truck. Stuck gets in there and hard to clean out. IT's easy to put i and take ouot with 2 screws.

Pete
Old 05-30-2002, 09:14 AM

It's nice sometimes to be able to open the sunroof a little while it's raining, for some air, yet not get wet.
I happen to be a smoker, so that much comes in handy.JMO
Old 05-30-2002, 02:47 PM

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. But I think I will keep it the way that it is, because I like the wind too, and I have the ventvisors so that gives adequate ventilation for me! Still thinking though... :beaver:

-Ryan
Old 05-30-2002, 04:57 PM
CTB

I really like the one on my rig. I put it on a couple years ago, and haven't had any problems since. It covers up that little aluminum bar that sticks up when you have your sunroof open, and makes the inside sound level more tolerable (to me at least) when the sunroof is open. I guess a lot of this is personal opinion, but I have really liked mine so far.

On another note, I wish I had more time to be posting this summer, but work has been keeping me so busy, and so I don't have as much time to check out the boards as I used to. I guess when I get back to school in the fall I will have some more time again.

CTB
Old 05-30-2002, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by CTB
On another note, I wish I had more time to be posting this summer, but work has been keeping me so busy, and so I don't have as much time to check out the boards as I used to. I guess when I get back to school in the fall I will have some more time again.
Hey dude, thanks for the imput. I appreciate it! Also, just post when you can. We are always here and are always looking for your opinion. You don't HAVE to post everyday, just when you can. We look forward to your posting when you do. What for and where do you go to school? :beaver:

-Ryan
Old 05-31-2002, 02:21 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Originally posted by Redtoy
It's nice sometimes to be able to open the sunroof a little while it's raining, for some air, yet not get wet.
I happen to be a smoker, so that much comes in handy.JMO
Do you drive at moc1??? I tried this once on a light rain and I still got dribbles coming in, when you stop at a light its really bad....
Old 05-31-2002, 03:59 PM

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing myself. No matter if you have it or not, the rain will blow or even flow in there! Oh well! :beaver:

-Ryan